Part 2

Roberto woke the next morning by the means of a human body. A heavy one that happened to belong to Ashton, accompanied by Galen's apologetic face.

All Ashton got for his troubles is an elbow to his ribs and a sleepy, "It'stooearly. Getouttahere."

Ashton got up from Roberto's bed and brushed himself off. "Well then. If our friend won't go with us, then we will amuse ourselves with the most pleasant ladies in the red-light district." Galen blushed at this, but refrained from contradicting him. Hard metal poked him in the ribs; it was the muzzle of Ashton's modified Dragon.

Receiving no reply, Ashton played his next card. "And once we're gone, I'm gonna take this duplicate of your apartment key and make a thousand copies. Then, we'll hand it out to every single one of the aforementioned ladies along with your address."

That grabbed Roberto's attention. The two of them were soon grappling on the ground. Ashton's gun clattered to the floor by Galen's feet. Galen grabbed it and slid it into an empty holster on his waist. Though Ashton was older and stronger, he had gotten drunk again the night before, continuing his chronic case of hangover, and got pinned down by Roberto rather quickly.

"Where's the key?"

Ashton held his hands out. "Oops. It seems I never had one."

Roberto released him. "Then how'd you get in?"

Ashton sat up and wiggled two thin wires in front of his face. "I got these little magic door openers. Hey!"

Roberto pretended he didn't hear him and threw his covers over his head.

"Don't, ignore, your elders, when they're talking to you!" Ashton dragged the covers off of Roberto. A punch narrowly missed his chin.

"You do know it's, like, ten already, don't you?", Ashton said.

A quick glance at the clock told him it was so. Roberto sprang up and got ready in record time. He even bothered to shave! There is no way he was gonna be late. As he was starting for the door, a hand caught his collar and plopped him down in a chair.

"Now, since you are so eager to go, let's go over what we're doing today."

Roberto avoided his eyes. "I have my own life, Ashton. We can't go everywhere together."

Ashton flared up. "What's wrong with you? Have you turned like the rest of them? Am I too something-or-another to hang out with anymore? Too crazy? Drunk? .... Mad?"

Galen stepped in. "If he needs some time alone, we should leave him alone. Ravenna is still on his mind. Let's go."

"Let's go. Let's go!" Ashton's eyes flashed and he stood, towering over Roberto. "This is ridiculous, Roberto. Forget about her. Are you abandoning us? What's gonna happen to our brotherhood! I should kill her for this."  

Roberto matched Ashton's stance. "Shut up. I have my own life. I'm not like you, Ashton. I don't go for every girl I set my eyes on and then abandon them after a night. So buzz off." Roberto grabbed his coat, dodged Ashton's hands and slammed the door in his face.  

The air that morning was cold, bitingly cold. It blew in his face, making his eyes water. Trying to make him cry. Roberto didn't see his bodyguards. Galen probably sent them away, since he and Ashton were here. He didn't need Ashton. If he was gonna be such a douche, then it's all the better if they don't hang out anymore. The slap of rubber soles chased after him. Determined not to talk to him again, Roberto ran for it, dodging around crowds, honking cars, and joggers.