38 - Bruised, Burned, and Barked

Start from the beginning

"We will stay together, Chuck. I promise. And I'll make sure to get you out first."

Promise number two was made.

"Good night, Janey."

"Good night, Chuckie."

~

"Wakey, wakey new professional dancer in here!" Someone yelled and roughly knocked on our door. "Go dance out of your shuckin' hut, Shebean! Maybe Newt will join too, though I will have to remind you there is no bonfire or music this time! Sorry if that is less romantic for you two, but you'll have to live with it!"

I groaned at Minho's way out waking someone up and the mood he was in. Not cheerful, for sure.

"I'm up!" I rolled out of our bed and watched Chuck sleep for a second. He fell asleep with his body close to me, so by the time we woke up, his head was on my pillow too. The kid's mouth was open, curls messier than ever, but he seemed peaceful.

"Good that, 'cause you gotta run!" It sounded like Minho stomped away again. His mood made me feel strange, but I got dressed anyways.

If I didn't have to run, then I would've worn Newt's clothes, but since that was not the case, I put on my black leggings and a green, cropped sweater.

Just when I walked out of the hut, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me with them in a rough way. In shock, I stared at the back of the person their head, who walked toward the woods. His dark blonde, buzzed hair made me realize it was Gally.

"What do you want?" I asked when Gally came to a stop when we got into the woods, not very deep, luckily.

"You know something." Gally's shoulders and chest moved in quick motions as I heard heavy breaths coming from him. "You're not like the others."

"Yeah, I'm a different gender, remember?" I tried to cheer to mood up, but I made it worse.

Gally grunted and spun around, pushing me against a tree. I gasped in response, getting a flashback of what Dave did to me. A small wince escaped my mouth when I felt the hard tree hit my back, hard.

I turned frightened in just a second. What if Gally knew about my memories? But how could he? What was he going to do?

With wide eyes, I stared at Gally, whose face was just inches away from mine now. I wanted to back up, but the tree was in the way.

"You're one of them." Gally spat through his words as he squeezed my wrist in anger. It felt like my bones cracked, so I winced in pain and hoped Gally would let go soon. I wasn't comfortable at all.

"I'm not." It was barely a whisper that came out of my mouth. Quickly I tried to sneak out of Gally's grip, but he slammed his hand against the tree and put his knee between my legs, blocking me from moving.

"Let go of me," I ordered, the shake and fear in my voice clearly hearable.

"I saw you. You're with them." Gally repeated through his clenched teeth. "It's you."

Tears formed in my eyes at the position Gally trapped me. It scared me, like with Dave.
"Gally, please.." I trailed off, my confidence ebbing away.

"I know it's you. You were there!" Gally got even closer if that was possible. His eyes were emotionless, blank, but his face was red with anger, which I didn't get. His pupils widened, making a big part of his eye black. I tried searching in there for something, anger, happiness, but all I saw was black.

Steal the medical stuff.

Now that was the most amazing timing. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, the voice started talking again. I broke down into tears, but never got out of Gally's grip.