Chapter 9

Dick was worried and confused as he saw Jason battered and beaten. He couldn't help but pity the young boy as he carried the boy wonder to a safe area at least. The raven wasn't stupid as to let Robin into his home, so he took the baby bird to a secure and warm warehouse. "Don't you dare die on me, or what would the big bad bat think of me if he finds me with a dead bird." Dick had tried to joke as he bandaged Jason up, taking off the boys' suit but avoiding the mask. As he would rather see the youngers face on Robins terms.

"Batman sure isn't taking any responsibility for this, is he? At first, I thought he was just a brooding man dressed as a flying rodent. Now I think that he is an mentally ill stupid fuck with a furry complex who will let people being killed go but still wanting to delivering justice." Dick mumbles on mostly to himself as Jason hadn't woken up just yet. "That bat is an asshole and often lets people down as he doesn't do anything to give proper closure to the Joker's victims." He continues to speak to himself.

Jason had begun to stir in his sleep as he was cleaned, bandaged and laid down on Dick's bed. This caused the older to froze up and shut his mouth, not wanting to be caught bad mouthing Robins mentor when said sidekick is there laying on one of his beds. "W-wha?" Questions the little birds who painfully truns their head towards the taller male, "Hush, now you are too tired and wounded to be moving around like that. Please rest and by tomorrow morning you will be all better, okay?"

Jason felt faint and exhausted he didn't understand why, but that smooth voice allured him as he closed his eyes again and leaned his head back. "Okay, Mama." He says cutely like a small, frightened child that wants to be protected. It broke Dick's heart at how vulnerable his favourite bird is being towards him now. Making him want to just wrap Jason up in blankets and take him away from this dark and hurtful place. "I'll do anything that I can to make your life even a little less like hell." Dick whispered his promise.