Chapter 7: Understandings

Start from the beginning

Kai: "Enjoyed your little tantrum, Snowflake?"

Weiss gasped and looked at Kai, unaware that he'd be here. She then regained her rude composure.

Weiss: "Oh great. Now the showboaters are here."

Kai: "Not like I've heard that one before. So like I said, did you enjoy your little argument with Petals?"

Weiss: "That's none of your business."

Kai: "Oh, well perhaps you do need someone to talk to."

Weiss: "Like I said, it's none of your business."

Kai the scooched over on the bench making room for Weiss.

Kai: "I won't stop until you talk."

Weiss let our a defeated sigh

Weiss: "Fine."

She sat down next to him.

Weiss: "Besides, I would like to ask you some questions to."

Kai: "By all means, ask away."

Ruby: "Why was it that Ozpin asked you and your team to do an early initiation before us?"

Seth: "Well, I actually wonder about that myself."

Ruby: "Ok? But why did he specifically ask you guys?"

Kai: "Well, out of everyone here. Me and my team were the only four who hade the best chemistry of teamwork, and we've dealt with more stuff a professional huntsman can do."

Weiss: "But, isn't that dangerous? And not to mention operating without a license."

Kai: "Well yeah, but not when you have people back in Mistral who won't take up that mantle, you don't worry about it anymore."

Weiss: "What do you mean?"

Seth: "Most people back home, never wanted to do anything with the Grimm and criminals back home, so they just let it slide like nothing happened. And the four of us decided we've had enough. So we decided to step up and be better than the other people."

Ruby: "So that's why you decided to be huntsmen?"

Seth: "Well, we each have our own reasons that we want to become huntsmen."

Ruby: "Hehe, yeah that makes sense."

Kai: "Well, enough about me. Why'd you go off on Ruby like that?"

Weiss: "Well, I just couldn't take how she always acts. She's just so, ugh, immature to be a team leader. It should've been someone like me. Even when Percy wanted Ranger to fight the Boarbatusk. It should've been me, he didn't even raise his hand."

Kai: "Wow. You're used to having everything handed to you on a silver platter, aren't you?"

Weiss: "That's not true."

Kai raised his eyebrow at that answer.

Weiss: "Well, not entirely."

Kai laughed at this.

Weiss: "What's so funny?"

Kai: "You are aren't you? Don't worry I'm not judging you. But what does tick me off in a way is how you judge someone by their character."

Ruby: "Character?"

Seth: "Yes, Character. Take Kai for example. He is always optimistic, and wiling to goof off from time to time. But given a situation, he can be serious, smart, and willing to get a job done. The same can be said for the rest of us."