episode sepuluh | bahagian tiga

NARRATOR POV
After Laila had regained her composure, the teenager was seen lying motionless on the hospital bed. Why does her head feel so dizzy whenever she attempts to recall what took place? Ayam's presence in the hospital was the last thing she recalled remembering about herself.

Her mother has told her all that happened, yet not even one of the things the mother stated ever happened to her: "Tapi ma, Laila takde pon gi hutan atau keluar hospital." The teen answered.

"Haish, nanti kamu tahula tu." said Laila's adoptive mother when the door swung open, revealing her biological mother. The two mothers stared into each other's eyes before Datin stood up from the chair. "Mama keluar dulu, kalau ade ape-ape jerit je," said Datin as she left the room, leaving Laila with her biological mother.

As Ida made her way slowly toward her daughter, "Laila," the atmosphere in the room became increasingly tense. Ida murmured something as she observed her daughter's condition while holding her breath. The older woman finally lost it just as she was getting closer to Laila's side. She sobbed into her daughter's shoulder as she wrapped her arms tightly around the teenager and hugged her. "Mama minta maaf, mama tak tahu yang kamu juga terseksa selama ini," cries the older woman into her daughter's arms.

"Mama minta maaf sangat-sangat." She kept on apologizing when Laila wrapped her arms around the older woman.

"Laila pun nak minta maaf; Laila tak sedar yang mama pun tersiksa selama ini," said the teen.

From behind the door, Firdaus listens as his former wife and daughter find it within themselves to forgive one another. He wishes that he could be as courageous as his ex-wife, but he knew that he would never be the father that Laila deserved to have because, in the end, he is a failure for his sons, his ex-wife, and his daughter. He wishes that he could be as brave as his ex-wife.

The door opened on him unexpectedly, and he was immediately confronted by his ex-wife's blazing eyes. Ida quickly wiped all of the tears from her eyes before stepping aside to let Firdaus meet his daughter. After all, he deserved to know the condition of his only daughter, "Laila waited for you inside," Ida said as she gestured for Firdaus to meet his daughter. Ida shared this information with her ex-husband before walking away from him in the direction of her oldest son, who had just recently become conscious again.

LAILA POV
After mom left the room, I saw dad standing by the door. My father gazed directly into my eyes for the very first time. After a brief period of silence, my dad broke down and started crying, "Eh? Kenapa ni ayah?" I panicked when I saw my father crying.

My father quickly walked towards me and hugged me gently while crying in my arms, "Ayah minta maaf," he said, "Ayah tak tahu yang selama ini kakak juga tersakiti." He said while crying heavily into my arms.

I was the one who was taken aback, but I greeted my dad's embrace with a shy smile and said, "takpe la ayah, Laila tahu ayah tak bermaksud untuk pulaukan kakak."

Why do I still have the feeling that something is missing or that I have forgotten something despite the fact that everything seems to be in perfect order?

NARRATOR POV
How long has it been since Laila stayed in the hospital? She couldn't remember. What was even sadder was not even once she met Kahar or Fakhri; she missed them but her parents had told her to stay on the bed.

She always caught a glimpse of shadows near the door but whenever she tried to call for the person, the figure would disappear and that caused her to grow curious about the mysterious figure.

"Mama, bila kakak boleh balik school?" At the mention of school, Datin's eyes widened as she quickly stood up from the chair she was sitting and started cleaning the hospital room where her daughter resides.

"Mama? Kakak tanya ni." Laila questioned her mother, yet her mother acted like she didn't ask any questions, "ape yang susah sangat nak bagitau bila kakak masuk sekolah ni?" The young teen sighs.

"Mama nak gi beli makan dulu ye untuk kamu." That was all Datin replied as she walked out of the room in hurry, leaving the confused teen alone.

"Aish, ape hal pula ni. Kenapa macam mama ada sembunyikan something je ni." Whispers the teen as she gazes at the door when her mother has walked out through.