Chapter Five: Investigation and Trial

Martin stared in disbelief at the image in front of him. Ding dong bing bong "a body has been discovered! Investigation time will now begin" "not another one" Cleo murmured. Martin took out his monopad almost robotically. There had been so much death that it was like second nature to him now.

Victims name: Mumbo Jumbo
Talent: Ultimate Butler
Killed in: Solitary Wolf Confinement
Injuries include: broken leg, collapsed airway
Cause of death: strangulation
Last to see him alive: Cleo Zombie

Martin had to take a moment to steady himself after reading the monopad. Death by strangulation, that had almost been him. The idea that he could've been this victim was... terrifying to say the least. Martin shook off his fear, it was time to avenge Mumbo's death. Even if he had hardly spoken to him, Martin still considered him a friend.

Looking around the room it was clear that no evidence would be found around here. "Hey Martin, look" Pearl said crouching down by Mumbo's feet, "what is it?" Martin asked, "the monopad said he had a broken leg right?" Martin nodded, "well it must've been with a blunt object do to how it looks." "I see, I'll keep an eye out for any possible blunt object murder weapons."

Pearl giggled before standing up and pointing to Mumbo's neck. "Do you see that?" Pearl asked and Martin peered at the body, "uhm no I don't think so" he said shaking his head, "oh right, sorry I forgot that most people don't see things I do when looking at dead bodies!"

"Well... what do you see?" "Well it's quite obvious, at least to me that someone wrapped rope around Mumbo and strangled him that way!" Martin nodded, "I guess that would make sense considering he died via strangulation." "Yep!" "Welp, let's get looking for a rope and blunt object" Pearl giggled and the two set off in search of any possible murder weapons.

"Me hand!" Ren called out and Martin turned to face him, "you found something?" "Indeed" Ren nodded holding out some rope that looked to be a bit frayed. "My best guess would be that's the rope the culprit used, where did you find it?" "Ye king found it in thy secondary gym" Ren explained and Martin nodded thoughtfully. Just as Martin was about to leave Ren reached out his hand and grabbed Martin's own. "Is something wrong?" "Whatever happens to ye ultimates, promise thine king that ye will still be me hand and loyal friend."

Martin paused for a bit, briefly wondering what Ren meant by that before nodding. "I will, don't worry" Ren let go after that, and Martin continued his search for murder weapons as well as other pieces of evidence that might be laying around. Opening the door to the armoury Martin shrieked at the sight that lay before him.

Swords, axes, knifes, guns, bats, spears, scythes, everything you could imagine could kill someone was scattered on the floor. "What happened?!" Scott asked running towards him before jumping back at the sight of it all. "Oh! That's... a lot of weapons just carelessly thrown on the floor..." Martin said nothing simply nodding in silent agreement.

"Wow! Someone's been busy making a mess!" Pearl chirped, "wonder if the murder weapon is hidden somewhere in there!" "Well let's find out, just make sure to watch your step." Martin suggested. The three of them carefully weaved their way through the mess looking for anything that could hint to being the cause of Mumbo's broken leg.

There were a plethora of bats as well as other blunt force weapons, but none of them seemed like it had recently broken someone's leg. "Why would the culprit make such a mess if they weren't even gonna hide the murder weapon!?" Pearl complained, "that's what I call unnecessary!" "And that's why you're the least likely to have done this murder" Scott commented, "can you two not bicker? Especially in a room of incredibly sharp and dangerous objects." Martin chimed in and Scott shrugged, "silent is my middle name, but I don't think the same can be said for Pearl." Pearl cackled, "wow! I've never heard you joke around before!" As the two waited to be done with her giggle fit, Martin noticed something odd.