1| Who Is She?

It's whole different feeling. A foreign feeling. I've never felt this before.

I've never had a boy wait for me. Never thought a boy liked me this much. I mean, heck, I still wonder why I'm so hesitant. I ask myself, What are you scared of, Ophelia? Yeah, what am I scared of? My first ever relationship? Especially with a boy that has a big reputation at school? Wow. Gael and I are way too much alike.

He's just too perfect for me. I'm not just scared—I'm afraid. Afraid that I'm gonna mess up and screw up this relationship that's already going so well. Afraid that I'm gonna be too attached to this and he might not even like me anymore because of it.

But I'm so sure. I really want this to work, and I know he does too.

"Lia," he interlocks our fingers together, his blue eyes boring into mine with so much intensity and passion and determination I have ever seen him muster, "I want this so bad. I want to take the next step with you. I've always desired for a relationship so intimate. And I want that kind of relationship with you. There's no one else I'd rather have it with."

There's no one else I'd rather have it with too.

He's so perfect. Too perfect. His eyes so blue that I drown in them every time he looks at me. His golden waves that my fingers so happen to comb through every now and then. His arms that give me warmth and comfort when he embraces me. His hands that holds mine like a puzzle piece. His smile that brightens up his entire face. His voice that sounds like honey and sunshine. His laugh so contagious it makes you want to just fall in love with him. He has this charm like no one else has.

And it doesn't matter how many lifetimes I'll live because I will always fall for Jonah Whitlock in each one.

"If you're not ready, I understand," he whispers, his hand cupping my jaw so delicately. "I just want you to know that I will wait a thousand years for you. I'll wait for you."

And he's been waiting. So have I. Waiting for me to feel so sure about this. Waiting for me to admit it. Waiting for me to say the word and take the next step instead of shrinking back because I'm . . . scared.

I know what to do now.

"OH. MY. GOSH."

I cringe as I retract myself away from the speaker of my phone. Gael practically yelled directly in my ear so loud that I think I'm partially deaf now.

"So, you're doing it?" she asks, and I could tell she's jumping up and down due to the loud thuds from the other side of the line. "You're going to tell him?"

I nod, taking a deep breath. "Yep."

Rowan, who was also on the call, let out a shriek. "YES! I am so relieved."

"Literally," Sierra inputs. She was quiet the whole that I forgot she was on the call too. "We've been waiting as long as he has. About time."

"Are you telling him when he gets home? Or now?" Gael asks.

I shrug as if they could see me. "When he gets home. I want to surprise him."

We were given a week of vacation to celebratethe founding of our school, so Jonah flew over to New York City with his family to spend some quality time together. Sometimes he'll send me picturesque photos of beautiful scenery. Other times, it's just pictures of him doing crazy things like bungee jumping or skydiving. He's coming home in three days, and I can't wait to finally tell him I'm ready.

"Aww, that's so cute," Rowan coos. "I wish I have a boyfriend."

I scoff. "You have Lucas."

"I—" she gasps. "That's—it's—he's—ugh."