"Stefani," he warned.

"I'm not sure if you even call it work," Stefani scoffed and kent hitched a breath trying to maintain his cool.

"It's alright, that's her favorite chair after the number of times she's visited over the years. Let's take a look at scaling and theme, yes? Anything to drink before we get started? I can get catering to-

"No, Lana after your dedication to the company, we'll be the ones doing the spending. Just tell us how to spend it," I finally got up to pull her into a hug.

"Oh I've missed you the most," she returns the gesture.

"It's a funny feeling to be in this rooms right now," Eleanora hums.

"Nice to meet you, I'm kent," Kent stuck his hand out to shake Eleanora's.

"It's nice-

"We've already been acquainted," Carter cuts him off and slips in to wrap her arm around Eleanora's waist.

"Oh my," Eleanora softly gasps and we looked at each other.

Carter obviously doesn't like Kent considering his womanizing history- I know she's protective of Eleanora and trusts her with her life... literally.

Stefani's scoff caught me off guard.

"Something wrong with being polite?" Kent eyed his daughter.

"Check with the wife before speaking to the other directly," Carter hissed.

A smirk crept on Stefani's face.

Kent just looked confused...

"I just want to make a good impression to your mother's friends," he defended himself.

"That's not my mom," Stefani blatantly said.

Had it been any other circumstances, I would've cried but I'm not bothered this time.

"That's your mother, get used to it- quick," Kent snapped.

"Someone's dedicated," Stefani was  found in the kitchen at the stools yawning and stretching.

"You don't remember these people from the third ex wife's marriage? I bet you'll remember Lillian's sister," she made me gasp.

"Why you-

"It's all in the past, it's a new year- let's not rehash it," Stefani is absolutely unbothered by the tension.

In fact, I think she's embracing it.

"And here I thought you turned over a new leaf," Kent was getting worked up.

"You can prove to me you turned over your new leaf by stop talking to married women- especially when she's into women," Stefani shook her head.

"She's not-

"Like you're in a position to say what she is and isn't," Carter cut him off completely.

"Now Carter, I don't know what's gotten into you, but stop it," Eleanora was worried about the situation at hand...

It's not everyday Carter acts like this, there's always a reason and it's something that just needs a little reassurance- poor thing.

She's encountered Kent when she was younger and saw the worst side of him upfront.

I don't blame her for being on edge...

"I need a drink but it's not even noon," Carter sighed.

There's that too: she's been trying to drink less. She's just cranky.