relieved, you exhale, already thought he had simply left.

with a jerk, you open the door and step out into the cold. "meguru." you grin, and only now do you notice that another girl is with him, taking pictures of him with her imaginary camera.

and meguru posts around in front of the imaginary camera while the two of them laugh.

do you have to understand that?

"y/n" says meguru enthusiastically, coming up to pull you into his arms. surprised and maybe a little startled, you make a strange noise, whereupon he starts laughing even harder and breaks away again to grin broadly at you.

he is absolutely full.

great.

"y/n, this is mae. she's a photographer." he explains proudly.

"hence the invisible camera," mae laughs softly. "i have a real one too, but i thought with such a huge party, i'd probably just lose it," she holds out her hand to you. "nice to meet you, y/n."

you give her a quick handshake. "thanks for looking out for meguru."

she grins at you. "no problem, i'll go get another drink." and with those words, she disappears inside, pulling the door shut behind her.

meguru rolls his eyes with a smile and stops close to you before taking your face in his hands. "i can take care of myself quite well, y/n."

"you could just shut up and kiss me, though."

meguru doesn't need to be told twice, because not a second later his warm, sweet-tasting lips are on yours — your tongues quickly become entangled with each other and it's probably the alcohol, but the thought crosses your mind that you'll never want anything else ever again.

"and this mae girl wants to take pictures of you?" you ask curiously when you break away from each other after what feels like an eternity.

he nods. "yeah, she takes pictures and even portraits. so, like, aesthetic ones, you know?"

as if of their own accord, your lips press together. "forget it."

a blissful laugh leaves his throat. "what?"

"forget it, i said. no one, but really absolutely no one, will take pictures of you"

the thought makes you sick.

slowly, meguru takes your chin between his fingers, thus pulling your head closer to him. "and what about you?" he asks, grinning provocatively, to which you grin back.

"i'm the exception."

"i like it." he breathes, grinning mischievously at your lips before reuniting them with his.

but of course, even this moment must be shattered as the door is yanked open and meguru and you jerk apart.

smiling, valentins looks at you. "y/n, will you come here, please? i want to show you something upstairs."

god, does this girl have timing.

meguru's hand clasps your hands unobtrusively, much like you're not supposed to go, which is why you give him a quick smile. "i'll be right back." without further ado, you gently squeeze his hand again before you follow valentina to the door and throw your lover a smile over your shoulder.

he, however, looks anything but enthusiastic and you briefly wonder if you should have stayed with him, as valentina is already dragging you up the stairs by the hand.

"and what are you hiding up there now? a ghost?" you joke ironically, whereupon she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"eyes closed."