t h i r t y e i g h t

May 7th: Miami
————————————————————————
TMZ:

liked by 12,364,829 peopleTMZ: Evelyn Wolff seen out and about in Monaco today, ditching yet another Grand Prix

TMZ: Evelyn Wolff seen out and about in Monaco today, ditching yet another Grand Prix. Family drama or boyfriend drama what do you think?

comments disabled
________________________________

In every relationship, there's going to be arguments, fights, smiles, tears and ups and downs. Things said out of anger, mad exes, attitudes and jealousy, but at the end of the day if you truly love that person, you will stick around through the thick and the thin, the good and the bad.

"Stop arguing with me and give me ten minutes Evs." Charles begged as I pulled the door open of my drivers room so he could enter the room.

"You don't deserve ten seconds, let alone ten minutes of my time." I told him, pulling up my drivers fire resistant.

He paused "How about ten words then?"

I laughed "I'd like to see you try."

"I am falling in love with you everyday, Evelyn Wolff." He tried, I rolled my eyes and put my hair into a pony allowing it to go under the helmet easier.

I countered "If you were falling in love with me everyday you wouldn't have agreed with Fred to be the number one driver on the team, you would've said we had equal opportunity. Work together."

He shrugged, his hand running through his hair  "Fine, you're not happy with that decision but what did you think was going to happen? I've been driving here longer of course I'm the number one driver."

I laughed a little, "When Carlos was driving with you there wasn't a number one driver, you both had equal chances according to the team and you'd still been driving longer than him?"

"Just leave me be for a moment, I need to get ready to beat you." I told him dead seriously, him not leaving my drivers room.

"I don't want to race annoyed Ev, I thought you'd assume I was the number one driver I mean I'm the one in the runnings  for world driver champion?" He continued, he doesn't know when to quit.

Ignoring the race reports, debriefs, post session notes, data reviews, onboard analysis after races, the training for races, the meal preparations, the fact that Fred had me learning all of the aerodynamics, rake, weight distribution, traction circle, suspension & dampers, anti roll bar, gear ratios, caster, chamber all sorts of engineering crap. And modelling on top of it all, it was a lot.

I sighed turning to the mirror adjusting my drivers suit "Please Charles, please I need just a moment to myself. I don't care that you're the number one driver whatever it's fine, just leave me alone."

"Evelyn-

I paused "Leave. Me. Alone."

Shortly after debating with himself, he let me alone so that I could be able to think for a moment, life had become increasingly more complicated. The fact I was a mystery driver was even harder, the heat when I had to keep the helmet on, the fact my modelling shoots had to be rearranged constantly. I was hardly ever home.

I was driving my assistant crazy so I had to let her go and now I was negotiating all of my deals, after all I know my schedule best "Evelyn, Fred wants you in the car now." One of the engineers knocked on my door, I took a breathe and followed him out.

I climbed into my car, the number that I had chosen was thirteen, unlucky for some but for me it was unique. "Okay Evelyn, I don't want you fighting Charles today, if he's behind you let him through."

I nodded and sarcastically spoke "Yeah yeah."

"I know it's not what you want-

I sighed and held my head in my hands "No it's not what I want, I'm fucking tired it's too much Fred, let me quit."

He chuckled like a dickhead  "You signed a contract Ev, and you wouldn't want me telling your father about this ordeal would you? The post for TMZ came out earlier, no one thinks your here that would be a shock for poor Toto wouldn't it."

I sniped "Fuck you." Driving out into the starting grid, I was starting in P6 which wasn't too bad for my rookie season, Charles was in P5 waving to my car, of which I ignored.

I was mad at the world, for no good reason either.

The commentator began "Lights out and away we go, the Miami Grand Prix starting today, we all have had our predictions for the race today, is it going in Mercedes favour as Hamilton maintains P1."

"Alright, thirteen you can start pushing, it's Tsunoda in front and he's within a second from you, DRS enabled." Fred told me through the radio system.

I turned the corner aggressively,chuckling as I responded  "If I wave at him again can you make sure he waves back, it was sad on my part last time."

When I didn't hear a response I just went for it, I'd fallen back to seventh and I needed to overtake, within three laps I'd entered fourth place, this whole season I hadn't had a podium win but I was gunning for it, and today would be that day.

Fred replied a few laps later "Thirteen, it's Charles in third, Verstappen in second and Hamilton in first still, don't overtake Charles but hold off, it's Perez behind you."

He couldn't refer to me as Evelyn, sometimes during the race they play teams radios or sections of them and it would ruin my negotiation of being a mystery driver.

"I'm within a second from Leclerc, why can't I overtake? Fuck it I'm overtaking this is ridiculous." I huffed, ignoring what I'd been ordered, if he wanted to fire me he could I no longer wanted to do this anyway.

I passed Charles with ease and was within three seconds behind Verstappen, I laughed "Bet Christian's having a heart attack." I told the radio, nobody responding. The team was annoyed I'd overtaken Leclerc, the golden boy.

I stayed on Verstappens tail until the last lap, Charles was desperately trying to cut past but I was not having it defying all orders from Fred as I stepped on it and pushed my way into second past Max, I'd finally come in second place.

Even though the team was clearly angry I'd still hopped out of the car in tears, holding my helmet close as I crouched down and thought for a moment, I'd finally been on pole in a formula one race.

I just wish I could've shared it with my dad and Mercedes.

I walked up over to the podium without hearing any congratulations or grief from Charles, popping the champagne instantly and drenching Lewis in it, he was used to the celebration so drowned me in it instead, if only he knew it was me.

Lewis congratulated "Well done today, you're a very good driver."

I smiled "Thank you, you're hard to get past."

"I do try." He chuckled as he left to his paddock, me heading back over to mine shortly after as I watched my dad embrace Lewis like a son.

As I walked back to the Ferrari paddock, I was overwhelmed in the chanting and the joy, they had all seemed so annoyed over the radio but really I think they were more surprised by my potential "You two need to fight more often, that was fucking incredible Evelyn." Matthew the PT laughed, he was regular in the paddock now.

Charles had removed his helmet "Well done Evs."

"I'm sorry." I told him, as I was being embraced my mechanics and engineers against my will.

"Don't be sorry beautiful."