t w e l v e

Monday 22nd May
————————————————————————
Chanel:

liked by 60,453,283 peopleChanel: happy monday, from evelyn 💌

Chanel: happy monday, from evelyn 💌

Comments:

username73: who gave her access to the Chanel account?

heidiberger: look at our queen go

shwoirndkw: interesting angle 👀
________________________________

"I want to tell him about it but I think he'd just get madder honestly." I confessed to Charles as was at his apartment for lunch.

He sighed "I don't think you can just waste potential like that though, you have talent."

"A compliment from Charles Leclerc?" I taunted taking another bite of the pasta he made, I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't great.

He smiled back, behind closed doors we are one. I could stay here forever in his arms, my safe place.

He added "Don't act like my compliments mean anything to you, you get told your beautiful twenty thousand times a day."

I gave him a small smile "It only means something when it comes from someone I care about."

"Evelyn cares about me?" He asked baffled.

I would drive across the country to be with you in a heartbeat but my love would go unnoticed.

"Is that shocking?" I wondered twisting my fork around in the bowl, the pasta was overflowing he overestimated how much I ate.

"Maybe." He replied he looked at me longingly, his eyes held so much feeling and I didn't know what to make of it.

"Careful I'm going to think you like me."

He pushed his bowl forwards, "You whisper sweet nothings in my ear and that's exactly what they are Evelyn, nothing. They don't hold any meaning for you," I crossed my arms much to his expectancy "Actions speak louder than words, and this alone tells me you don't feel the same." He told me.

I leaned closer and admitted  "If I confessed how I want our future would look I know the silence would be deafening, so I won't."

His shook his head disagreeing , "I drive for hours trying to outrun these feelings I can't escape Ev, I search for versions of you in every person I meet so please, enlighten me."

My mind screams the words I love you because
I, myself cannot.

"I can't Charles, because we both know deep down this would never work." I sighed pushing my bowl forwards also.

He grabbed my hand across the table "We can make it work," he rubbed his thumb gently against my knuckles "I want to make it work."

I squeezed his hand back "I want to try more than anything, but-

"You can't." He sighed softly, his eyes looking deeply into mine, "I get it Ev, don't worry."

"Why is it that we always desire what we cannot have?" I asked him as we remained quiet rethinking the whole conversation we'd just had.

He shook his head "That's where you're mistaken Ev, you can have me, I'd go against the world for you and I know that probably sounds dumb, but I really like you."

I held my head in my hands, I don't know what my dad would say but I know it wouldn't be good, he always told me never date a racer unless it's on our team, I always need to be loyal to Mercedes.

I stood up from the table "I wish you the best Charles, I also wish I could be by your side as you live out your dreams but I can't do it to my dad, I can't do this to him again."

"This is complicated, isn't it Charles?"

His expression falters "This might sound cheesy as hell, but I'd rather do complicated with you than uncomplicated with anyone else."

When the news came out after the car accident, my dad took the backlash for me and I knew it was breaking him, I wasn't about to be disloyal to his team and date a driver from Ferrari.

I can't do it to him.

"I know you can't Ev." He opened his arms for me to hug him, but I knew if I hugged him I'd never leave.

We fit together like puzzle pieces that were never intended to, that's why it hurt even more.

He ran his hands through his hair "Do you want me to drive you home?"

"I- no I can walk." I told him calmly trying my best to stop the tears that were rolling down my face.

He sighed "Please Ev-

I shook my head walking over to the front door "I will text you when I get home."

"Okay." He replied quietly as I opened the door to leave, waving goodbye to him "Bye Charles."

He nodded "Bye Ev."

My stomach churned as I shut the door behind me, now stood outside his apartment complex holding back the sobs that were building in my throat.

It took me ten minutes to walk from the doorstep to the sidewalk as guilt held me hostage, I'm a bad bad person.

As I reached Leonora's new farm I saw her in the distance, she was holding one of the chickens "Miss Wolff I would've cleaned up some if I knew you were coming out."

"We both know you wouldn't have." I joked, she came closer to me and grabbed my face she knew I'd been crying.

She took no time beating around the bush either, placing the chicken to the ground and tapping the bale next to her "What happened?"

"I'm an idiot." I told her as I held my face in my hands, my stupid stupid brain.

She shook her head "Why are you an idiot today?"

"Funny one." I told her, chuckling a little "I like this guy, and I don't even mean like I mean love but I can't date him."

Her mouth gaped in shock "Why haven't I heard of this guy?"

I shrugged "I've known him for probably a month nearly two, he lives here though in Monaco."

She let her eyes waver over my face again as she recognised that I was actually really upset "So why can't you date him?"

I gave her the look and she knew straight away "He's a driver from another team isn't he?" She asked aloud, I nodded solemnly as she sighed also.

She thought for a moment "Well, ever thought about just dating in secret?"

"I couldn't, I don't want him to be a secret I want him to meet all my friends, I want him to meet my dad and play with my brother I want to move in with him and all of that stuff can't happen if we keep it a secret." I admitted brushing the ends of my hair with my fingers.

"Damn you love him." Leonora noticed.

"Maybe." I shrugged.