t w o

April 2nd 2023

My dad was holding a team meeting moments before the race "I just don't think that hard tyres are the best option for the...," he paused acknowledging me "Evy?"

"Surprise!" I laughed, the entire team turned to face me as my dad walked over to hug me, "I didn't know you were coming out today." He claimed.

I hadn't seen him in person in six months.

"Here to support Mercedes the best team on the grid," I announced the team clapping in agreement "And I'm staying until Jacks birthday."

"Hey sweetheart." Susie smiled as she held me tightly, despite the fact she wasn't my birth mother she was definitely my mother figure.

The team went back and fourth on strategies as I decided to walk around the paddocks for a little before the race actually started, I watched qualifying from home and wanted to see the track.

"Evelyn!!" The familiar sounding voice that belonged to my friend Carmen rang from behind me, her boyfriend was George Russel a driver for Mercedes so she was around a lot.

I held onto her "Oh I missed you!"

"Oh really? Didn't seem like it when you were out modelling in Spain for like six months." She sarcastically joked rolling her eyes dramatically.

"I'm here now aren't I? Now let me see what's going on today who are the main enemy today?" I asked her curios to see what her input was, obviously I'd been keeping up with the rivalling teams but it was between red bull and Ferrari.

"George thinks Red bull, Lewis thinks Ferrari. Your dad seems to think everyone's the enemy." She explained and that sounded like him.

"Okay that's fair enough." I sided, my dad new how to run his team so I had full confidence in what he had to say.

My dad, Toto Wolff, an Austrian billionaire motorsport executive, investor and former racing driver and holds a 33% stake in Mercedes - AMG Petronas F1 team and is team principle and ceo of the team.

We parted ways quickly enough as she wanted to talk to George before the race and I was desperate to snoop in on the Ferrari paddock, as I reached the entrance of their garage "Hey are you lost?"

I turned to the sound of a voice "That supposed to be a pick up line?" I joked, he rubbed the back of his head unsure.

"Oh uh-

"Don't. I'm sorry that sounded really weird didn't it?" I laughed it off hoping he'd join in on the laughter too.

"Hm a little, who are you?" The man asked as he definitely hadn't seen me before, he however I knew who he was, it was Charles Leclerc.

I shook my head "Nobody."

He raised a brow suspiciously "Well nobody, the race is starting in twenty minutes so you probably shouldn't be here, Fred gets kind of mad when random people show up at the paddock."

I nodded a little turning quickly on my heels to head back to my dad, "Wait," I remembered turning around he turned back to me also "I have advice."

Confusion was evident as he asked "About what, life? Look I'm doing pretty-

"You're a really great driver but you've never really adjusted your defensive driving especially when it comes to Verstappen. Too often you've left the inside line open for a corner and Verstappen took advantage of that. You should have covered the inside line and thus prevented any temptation from Verstappen to divebomb you." I rambled remembering the race in Bahrain that I had watched in my hotel room, shouting at the tv so loud neighbouring rooms filed noise complaints.

"Oh uh thank you." He smiled as I wondered how he would take the constructive criticism.
"Can I ask what your name is-

"Charles why aren't you ready to go? Come on stop talking to girls and get your head in the game mate." Carlos sainz dragged him away as I turned my attention back to Mercedes heading over to my dad.

As I entered the Mercedes garage and put on my headset the cars came into view immediately, "Is that little Wolff in the paddock?" Lewis asked his voice coming through the radio to my ears as he departed from the paddock to the starting line up.

"Yes it is." My dad confirmed as he looked over to me chuckling a little over the fact I'm still called 'little Wolff' despite the fact I'm the second eldest of four.

As much as I wanted to cuss him out, dad would've killed me on the spot so I sat between Susie, dad and Carmen watching the race on the big screen.

Hamilton remained in P4 for the entirety of the race and a certain George Russel was firm in P6 not too far behind him, "Last lap, DRS enabled for Lewis." The commentators stated as we watched in anticipation.

Lewis miraculously took over Perez in third and was fighting for second with Charles, Lewis went straight for the corner which Leclerc immediately covered and prevented Lewis from moving up any more.

I've helped the "enemy"

The race ended with Hamilton in P3, Russel in P4 so not too bad points wise but my dad takes his work extremely seriously and wasn't massively overjoyed by the only one Mercedes podium.

"So how many points is that.. twenty seven points between them." Susie figured out quickly, my dad sighing and putting off his headset.

This year Mercedes wanted an eight world championship for Lewis and a world constructer championship but it wasn't looking great so far....

Carmen whispered to my ear "What do you say about drinking away the sorrow of this race later? Kikas idea."

Kika was a fashion model so we'd become very close within the past six months as she was full of advice.

Intrigued I turned to face her, "You're speaking my language, let me know where and I will be there."

"You girls keep me young." Susie smiled widely at us as she reminisced her youth although she was only forty.

We exited the paddock and went to the podium where I stood besides my dad who watched Lewis with a gleeful smile, "Looking happy with yourself dad."

"I'm happy because you're back and Jack is going to be over the moon evy, you have no idea." He chuckled as we watched the boys spray obscene amounts of champagne over each other.

My family are usually living in Monaco but it's a bit all over the place considering that during the race season they're constantly on the move and I am due to my modelling so we see each other much less than we should.