Part 29; The Rise from Coma

~Y/N's Pov~

I was woken up by beeping noises and mumbles from far away. My eyes were too heavy to open, so I felt my surroundings beneath me, caressing the flat, soft surface I'm lying on. I wasn't in pain. My body was just very warm underneath what feels like to be a blanket draped over me. I'm on a bed.
I try my best to open my eyes, slowly flickering them open. I squint my eyes because it isn't used to the sharp light beaming into this hospital-like room. There's machines everywhere, wires linked up to my bare arms. I'm in gray sweatpants and a white plain shirt.
I frown before taking in a huge breath of fresh air. For some reason, I felt like I haven't had fresh air in a while.

Where am I?... Oh shit. I jump up from the bed, detaching the wires off me. Have I been kidnapped by Hydra!? Wait, is Hydra even still alive?

I felt my heartbeat starting to bump loudly against my chest. My eyes were wide, and my lips were dry as I spin around in one place. I took deep breaths in, trying to slow my breathing, hoping that I wouldn't get a panic attack.

Where's the Avengers!? Where's Nat!?

I got dragged out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps coming from afar. I hid at the corner, against the door, and pear out of it as I see two (2) people with long white coats on and a clipboard in the brunette male's hand. There was a brunette girl following behind the other two (2), but she was dressed in gray and black. It looked like S.H.I.E.L.D's suits, but I couldn't know for sure because I watched them from behind before they turned another corner.

I took it as my chance to run when the people passed along the door. I carefully snuck out the room, just to turn my head and see the shadows of people walking towards me on the walls. I acted fast and ran down the other side of the hallway. It was wide and modern, white, gray, black, and silver color corridors and hallways. I crouched down and hid around the corners and walls whenever I saw people coming.

That's when I heard mumbles coming from a large room. I ran past, but went back to check. It was doctors. Is this place a hospital? It doesn't look like one.

I kept running until I got out of breath, feeling like I had run for ages. I didn't even know where I was going. I just ran.

I lean against the wall, tilting my head up to catch my breath. I peek around the corner and sigh. Great, more hallways. What hospital only has hallways, corridors, and rooms!?
Once more, I tilt my head up but widen my eyes as I spot a camera pointing towards me. Shit.

I push myself off the wall, prepared to run.

"Y/N?"

I stopped my movements, and my eyes widened. I slowly spin around on my feet at the familiar raspy voice. All of a sudden, I felt relieved.

"Natasha," I smiled. Although, I frowned once I saw her hair. She changed it, it's straight, falling onto her shoulders and it's still red.

When did she have the time to change her hair? She looks hot.

She kept staring at me like it's the first time she's seen me in months. Her eyebrows furrowed, and her eyes scanned every inch of my body up to my face.

She slowly walked forward, a puzzled look on her face, and her lips parted. I also got confused as she stood in front of me. What the hell? Has she grown taller? I tilt my head up at her. My heart melted once I saw her glossy eyes staring back in mine. Before I could speak, I was dragged into her tight embrace.