Part 15; The Kiss of Fate

~Y/N's Pov~

A/N: Good day, everyone. I just want to give a warning that this chapter is longer than the others because it builds up. (3360 words)

It's worth it though ;)

Enjoy <3

With my gun held up high to my face, I press myself flat against the door, trying to listen if I hear anything. I'm in my Shield Agent suit with the earpieces in so that Maria and I can stay in touch. I followed the tracker placed on Aurora, and it led me to the apartment she and Dexter are staying at. The entrance is like an old type of Harry Potter theme, dark aesthetic oak, and a spiral staircase going up.
I heard Aurora faintly talking behind her apartment door, almost mumbling. I take a deep breath in before kicking the door open. I raise my gun with both my arms expanded out. She's nowhere to be seen. I look around the apartment, and I'm inside the living room.

Wait, I didn't hear other voices, only Aurora's. Does she talk to herself?

I flinch and quickly aim towards my left, where I heard a voice saying, "What do you want?." The kitchen, she must be hiding behind the wall.
I slowly step forward, still aiming my gun in the direction where I'm walking to. "Aurora, I need to have a word with you," I said lowly. I went into the kitchen, looking both ways until I spotted her at the counter, making a sandwich. I furrow my eyebrows. Is she serious right now?
She's so unbothered. She turns around towards me, biting into the sandwich.

Her blue eyes went down to my gun. She mumbles with food in her mouth, "There's no need for weapons," She said calmly, slowly walking to the other counters along the wall.

"Don't move," I rasp.

She turns to the cabinet, placing the sandwich down. Her back facing me. I look around her to see if she's hiding any weapons. A microwave, some kitchenware next to it. Tons of knives, pans, and other cooking utensils.

"Or what?" She asks.

I don't want to shoot her, or at least Fury wants her alive. She's being mind controlled, -hypnotized- by Dexter. Aurora is innocent. Dexter, where is he? I held up my guard, and I got a feeling in my gut that something's about to go down. I watch as her arm moves forward, reaching out for something. I wanted to tell her to stand down before she turned around.
A knife went flying my way, but luckily, I dropped to the floor, dodging it. I sprung up, looking back at where the knife landed. It's stuck into the wall. I heard footsteps running towards me, and before I knew it, she was right in front of me. She kicked the gun out of my hands. Just great.

"So it's going to be like this, okay then," I mumbled.

Each punch she threw, I dodged until she swept me off my feet. She took the knife off the wall and crouched above me. I grinned my teeth as she kneeled down and tried stabbing me with it, but I grabbed her hands and tried to push the knife away. I used all my power to push the knife back up, but she kept pushing the knife down. Us both grunting, I notice how close the knife is to my chest. I can't stop her. She's too strong. That's when I felt her use all her force, pushing the knife through the material of the suit. Okay, she's pissing me off. I acted fast before she could lower the knife further and kicked her knees, causing her to fall back. Luckily, she just ripped my suit. The knife didn't touch my skin.

I jumped up, running to the counter and picking up a pan. I turn back to see her groaning as she stands up. She looks angry, almost like she has rabies. Her fingers grip the knife handle tighter then rush towards me.
I blocked her knife with the pan when she tried to stab it into my side. I pushed her back, but she came directly back, which caught me off guard. She managed to get a cut on my hand like a paper cut, causing me to wince. While I focused on blocking the knife away, she punched me into my side with her free hand, causing me to fall down with a moan. She lets her knife fall as I clutch my side painfully. She kicked me in my stomach, causing me to let go of the pan and slide back against the counter.