Part 17; A Heart's Confession

~Y/N's Pov~

~2 week time skip~

It's been a few weeks since the accident, and I continued going out on missions with backup, of course. My hand is fully healed, and I'm no longer wearing a cast. My leg is also a lot better, I stopped limping a while ago. The only physical injuries that I still have are the bruises on my hip, which over some time have gotten lighter. It'll be gone in no time. Luckily, the bruises and cuts on my face and other body parts are entirely gone.
Bruce headed back to the Hulk planet after I've gotten better. Pepper would have babied me until I was fully healed, meaning that I got to see Tony and her a lot.

Everyone would visit me quite a lot. Mostly, Nat.

-

I fell to the ground on my back and spread my legs and arms out like a star fish. I pant heavily, sweat dripping off my face. I breathe heavily through my mouth, in and out, trying to slow my heartbeat. My chest is rising and falling rapidly.
I open my eyes to see Nat stepping in between my legs with her hands on her hips. Even she's out of breath, strands of hair sticking to her sweaty forehead.

She looks down to me with a tiny smirk, "You're getting better." She holds out her hand for me to grab, "Come on, one more round."

I grabbed her hand, and she pulled me up, "Nat, you're kicking my ass every round. I won none! I don't want to get ass kicked anymore." I whine, placing my hands on my knees. A tear of sweat rolled down my nose onto the red plastic mat that's designed for combat training.

I look up to her with pleading eyes, which causes her to roll hers dramatically.

She leans on her right leg, her arms crossing over her chest. She clicks her tongue against the top of her mouth's roof and sighs.
"How about this..." She starts, and suddenly I am intrigued, "If I win, I'll take you out to the most fanciest restaurant." She proposed.

Smooth.

I frown. If SHE wins? That sounds more like a win to me. Maybe I should even lose on purpose.

"What if I win?" I ask. She hums while thinking. "Then I'm taking you to an aquarium." She smirks.

Wait, an aquarium is my favorite place.

I raise my eyebrows, my mouth slamming shut, and I press my lips together hardly. Is she flirting with me right now? I bite my lip unconsciously and keep staring at her to see if she's serious. I can't get a read on her, but her smirk tells me she's flirting; teasing with me.

Either way, if I lose or win this round, I'll still get a prize. Kind of like a date? As friends... even though we kissed a couple weeks ago when I nearly died. We haven't really talked about the kiss. I wonder if she remembers it.

Nat and I haven't really talked about the kiss. In fact, we haven't spoken about it since it happened. Not even Steve nor Thor said a word about the kiss, and I'm sure they both are still suspicious about Nat and I. But, so am I. Plus, she never said this is a date, so we're still just friends.

Even if she's just taking me out as a "friend," it is actually so sweet of her. It melts my heart and just makes me a bit flustered.

"Deal," I smile stupidly.

Her smirk grew wider, and she stepped away from me.

Sweet As SugarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara