Part 20; The Fight with Dummies

~Y/N's Pov~

I'm feeling a lot better. The dizziness, the mood swings, the tiredness, the numbness, the hallucinations. Everything is gone, and it isn't even the next day. That injection Nat gave me worked like a bomb, I literally got better while we rode back to the tower. While Nat took me to my room at the tower, Wanda and Steve were busy with our suspect. The one who spiked my drink. A few minutes after they took him to the Agency for investigation, Wanda called me and told me his name is Derick. That's our suspect. Nat didn't believe me when I told her I felt better and forced me to get some rest. She joined me in my bed, but I would wake up every few minutes. That's when Nat realized I'm actually better.

It took a lot of convincing, but I dragged Nat along with me to the agency. We're Avengers, too, and we need to be involved.

-

Steve and Nat standing behind me as bodyguards as I sit down in the middle. Derick's hands are hand cuffed behind himself on the chair, sitting across me. We're in the interrogating room, Shield agents watching from the other side of the dark tinted window. Wanda and Steve did a bit of investigation while Nat and I weren't here. Apparently, he didn't talk once, so Wanda went outside to clear her head. I understand that she's frustrated about this entire situation, her love of her life getting kidnapped. I'd be angry too if Nat went missing.

Derick lifts up his head, waking up from unconsciousness.

I snarled dramatically, "Had a nice nap?" I lean back in the chair, crossing my arms over my chest. He squints his eyes at the sharp light bulb dangling above our head. He groans, firstly looking at Nat and Steve then at me. His eyes expand. "You," He growls. I scoff, "Yeah, me. The one you drugged. " He scoffs also before tilting his head.

"What do you want?" He asks. I lean forward, placing my hands on the desk. "Where's Vision?" I ask sternly. He snickers, a very low and sarcastic laugh. I bit on my back teeth, waiting for an answer.

I raise my chin once Nat slowly makes her way towards Derick. I could hear his breathing get caught in his throat as Nat stood behind him. Derick's wide eyes shot to the table as he felt her presence behind him.

"She asked you a question," Nat muttered.

He slowly raised his eyes to me. "Listen, I told him," he nods towards Steve, "and some other chick before..." He grinned his teeth together, mentioning Wanda. "...I don't know," he mumbles.

Guessing on the way he's acting, he didn't take Vision himself. It's almost like Derick's working with or for somebody.

"Who are you working with?" Steve question. I stare directly into his soul, trying to make him budge. I can tell he's trying his best to maintain eye contact.
"No one," He replies.

His eyes adverting from mine. Bingo.

"He's lying," I inform.

I've been working with this kind of stuff for ages now, I know when someone's guilty based on their body language. His eyes averting, him gulping thickly, him bouncing his leg up and down, him scratching his palm behind the chair; all signs of a liar.
I can see the fear in Derick's eyes, like he just been caught. I asked Steve to get Wanda while Nat and I stayed here and tried to speak with Derick. Again, he didn't want to talk, but he definitely knew who Vision was. I talked to Wanda privately in a corner whilst Steve and Nat tried to break Derick. I told her to use her mind reading powers on him.