nineteen - moving

Start from the beginning

"Alright, where is he?"

"I... don't know." She admits as his eyebrows shoot up. "I'm gonna find him okay Jeez!" She tuts. "I'll page you."

He rolls his eyes but playfully salutes as she rushes off. "Hunt, I need you to take my surgeries for the day!" She says quickly over the phone.

"I'm covering the pi- okay, my wife is covering the pit. Convenient." He tuts. "Okay, what do you need?"

As Mae rushes him through the surgeries and patients, she's grabbing Jackson by the hand and pulling him from the nurses station. He frowns in confusion and silently waits for his girlfriend to finish her call before speaking. "Can I help you?"

"Yes... I need a helicopter. And help finding Bentley."

-

"Can I not even finish my exam?" Link tuts as Mae rushes in.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" She waves her hands in Bentleys face.

He raises both middle fingers. "Two."

She slaps his arm. "You're absolutely fine. How dare you worry me like that!"

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll tell the knee not to be so dramatic next time!" He tuts and rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

Mae looks at Link. "Well?"

"He's good."

"Good? Seriously? You can't give that as an answer and-"

"I just did." Link smiles and walks off.

Mae scowls and huffs, crossing her arms. "Bentley James, tell me-"

"I am fine, Wigan. Scouts honour." He holds a hand up. "Give me my pants?" He nods to the pile of clothes.

Mae sighs and grabs them, pushing the tray table out of the way and offering help; it isn't like she hasn't seen him in less than boxers before. She kneels down and helps him slip the pant legs on. "Will you guys please move closer? Having Link consulting on your therapy will be a whole lot better. Working from here will allow you to have so much more support." She begs.

Bentley sighs and winces a little as he stands and pulls his joggers up. "Thanks." He mumbles as Mae grabs his walking stick. "I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm not getting any better."

"I know how that feels. I've been there. Sometimes accepting is easier but this isn't one of those cases - move. Please. You can have my apartment, I'm hardly there anymore. Or come stay at the apartment with Jackson and I." She straightens the collar on his shirt. "I don't care where as long as I get to see you everyday."

"It isn't me you have to convince." He sits on the edge of the bed. "It's little miss independent."

"She'll listen - especially if you say its what you need." Mae sits beside him.

"How did you manage to get me a helicopter?" He asks raising a brow.

Mae smirks. "My boyfriend is reaaaal fucking rich."

"Damn." He laughs.

"Please tell me you're okay!" MJ bursts into the room flustered and red faced. She freezes and glares. "Did no one care to tell me were in a happy mood?"

Mae jumps off the bed. "He's all good. But Link suggested a new therapy programme... one we have right here." She shrugs and hugs her friend. "How's my lil bean?"

MJ sighs deeply and moves both hands to her blossoming belly as she and Mae pull apart. "Fine. As for the first thing, I'm not moving while 5 months pregnant."