Part 16. Doctor James Norrington.

We sat in silence, just staring into each others eyes, as he held me within his arms and I lay upon his lap. The only sounds that could be heard was, the sound of the waves crashing amongst the shore and the seagulls squawking high above us. All the while I was staring into his lushes green orbs, I had almost forgotten about my fatal injury, that I had sustained moments ago.

"Ahhh!". I hissed in pain, as I felt a sharp sting rip through my entire right hand side of my body, breaking the silence between us. "Shhh, tis alright Anne, your going to be fine". James soothed, as he stroked the hair off my forehead, that was stuck too it, due to the sweat from the heat and he held his hand firmly, but gently onto the wound to help subside the bleeding. "I-i-it hurts". I whimpered. "Shhh, everything will be alright, Anne look at me, I won't let anything happen to you, do you understand me". James soothed again. James, then quickly glanced out to sea and then back at me and smiled softly. "Wait here, I shall return in a moment". He whispered and gently removed me from his lap and gently onto the ground, removing his jacket and placing it under my head for comfort.

"Well it isn't as though I shall be going anywhere is it". I said sarcastically, as we both chuckled slightly. James then leant forward and pecked my lips, before he got up to his feet and ran towards the beach. I lay there looking up amongst the palm trees and up at the gorgeous blue sky, thinking deep down would this be the end, is this how I'm going to die, just like last time. Suddenly, a gentle breeze ascended from out of the blue and I took a deep breath in and let it out gladly, as the breeze helped me to cool down, as I was beginning to strike up a fever.

As James was away down by the waters edge, through all the pain I hadn't noticed that he had indeed placed his jacket underneath my head, as a make shift pillow for me, that I had felt something hard and lumpy underneath my head. I managed all the strength I could, to pull the jacket from under my head and pull it to the side of me, I then with one hand scrambled around in his pocket with my right hand and managed to pull out the letters of mark, he has stolen from Jack moments prior. I then heard footsteps running back towards me and I glanced over, to see James running back towards me, with a hip flask in his hand, I quickly with my right hand put the letters of mark into my breeches pocket, before he saw me, for if it were anything Beckett would be wanting, he would not only want the heart, but he would also want what was stolen from him too and James would be in lot of trouble for possessing such items, that he may not be re-instated back to his position in his redgerment and Beckett was just the man to help him with such a thing.

He then quickly knelt down beside me. "Here this may sting a little". He said, as he gently lifted up my white linen shirt that was now stained red, through all the blood. I jumped slightly, when I felt his fingers gently tickle at my side, as he was lifting the shirt. James the reached for the hip flask and opened the lid. He then held it over my side before pausing and looking at me with anticipation in his eyes. "James?". I asked but he did not answer. "James what are you going to do?". Again he did not answer me. He then bent down to my level again, as I lay upon the dirt ridden floor and he pecked at my lips again, before retuning up right and tipping the hip flask down onto my side.

The pain I felt was like no other, it was a pain which I hope I would never want to feel ever again in my life, for I hope childbirth is a lot less painful, than what I was experiencing right at this moment. I hissed out in pain, as I riggled around on the floor like a fish out of water, whilst James was doing his best to hold me down and keep me from hurting myself any further. The salt from the sea stung like a thousand bees attacking my body all at once. It brought back a memory for when I truly did get stung by a bee, back home in England, when I was a little girl, myself and Elizabeth were playing within the Manor grounds and I stupidly picked a flower, as I was picking some for my governess and I didn't realise that a bee was upon the flower and it stung me upon the hand.