Part 14. The Heart Of Davy Jones.

We were half way out to sea by now and the silence that ascended throughout us all, was quite peaceful. The only sound that could be heard was the crashing of the waves, upon the shore up ahead. Suddenly, that peacefulness was interrupted by Raggeti and Pintel arguing with each other, which is a normal occurance with the pair, so we all weren't surprised by it when it started.

"You're pulling too fast!". Pintel said to Raggeti. "You're pulling too slow!". Raggeti argued back. "We don't want the Kraken to catch us". Raggeti continued. Causing Jack to turn around sharply with horror spread across his face. Thomas leaned over to me, looking rather worried. "What's the kraken?". He whispered. "I have absolutely no idea". I whispered back. Upon doing so, I managed to catch the attention of James. "Hmm, sorry what was that?". He asked, as his head seemed to be away with the fairies somewhere else. "Ohhh, errr, Thomas here was just asking what possibly could the kraken be?". I replied in my gruff voice. "Could it be some sort of fish?". I continued. "Shark more like!". Thomas interjected sharply, as he hugged his knees up to his chest and began to frantically look over the side of the long boat, trying to spot this mysterious shark.

"Hmm, Kraken I have never heard of such a thing upon all my years at sea, but then again, there is a lot of the ocean that has yet to be discovered, they perhaps may have seen something which us have yet not too". James said. "Or they could have just been blind drunk and imaging such a thing". Elizabeth chuckled, causing us to do the same. Silence quickly fell upon us again, until Pintel began to speak again. "I'm saving me strength for when it comes!". He stated. "And I don't think it's Kracken anyways, I always heard it said Krayken". He continued. "What with a long A?". Raggeti asked. "Uh-huh". Pintel replied. "No, no, no, no, no, Krocken is how it's pronounced in the original Scandinavian and Kraken is closer to that". Raggeti argued.

Meanwhile, the three of us looked at each other, so confused as to what was going on, that by looking at each other, we hoped that any of us would have at least given a hint, to let each other know that at least one of us would have known what they were on about, unfortunately though we did not. "We ain't original Scandinavian are we?". Pintel asked rhetorically. "Kraken!". He scoffed. "It's a mythological creature, I can call it what I wants!". Raggeti argued.

Finally, upon what seemed like forever we managed to make it to shore. The boat finally pulled up onto the crisp white sand, as Jack quickly scrambled out first, followed by Raggeti and Pintel and then Thomas, Elizabeth, James and then myself and again James held my hand to help me out of the boat and I nearly fell back into it my knees gave way, from his gentle touch, but I knew I had to compose myself and remain the manly figure I was meant to be. Luckily, I landed with two heavy feet upon the sand, as I jumped out of the boat, James then let go of my hand and picked up one of the shovels that were within the boat and we started to walk away from it. Jack then picked out the other shovel from in the boat, before he started to bark out orders. "Guard the boat, mind the tide and don't touch my dirt". He said to Pintel and Raggeti.

We all started to trudge through the sand, the hot Caribbean sun burning down upon us, the sweat was dripping from all out brows, not a hint of shade in sight. The tide had gone out but some parts of the sand was still soggy, from where the sea once had been, our footprints were visible behind us, it would make it impossible for us not to be followed by the enemy if we were to be followed. Jack walked futher in front of us, as though he seemed to be worried incase we got to whatever it twas that he was looking for, before him. The rest of us walked in pairs, Elizabeth and Thomas in front and myself and James at the back.

We walked to a more greener part of the island, where the sand was covered in bushes and brambles and blades of grass, where we all stopped and were happy to catch what breath we all had left, as the scorching sun burned each one of the back of our throats. Further on before we got to our preferred destination, Jack had handed Elizabeth his compass, so she took charge and started pacing back and forth with it, following the dials every move.  She was moving back and forth so fast, at one point she made me feel slightly dizzy, I had to sit down, although I did not realise how far the drop was from the standing up to the ground, so I happened to sit down rather hard, it looked as though I may have collapsed.