Part 12. Can That Traitor Persuade Me?.

Dawn broke, the golden haze of the glorious Caribbean sunshine, shone down through the cabin, through the window. The glint quickly catching my eyes, making me turn over from facing the wall, to lying on my back and rubbing my eyes slightly, before slowly opening them and stretching up towards the ceiling and plopping them down by my sides again. I tilted my head to the left and looked over towards Thomas, who was still soundly asleep, lying on his stomach with his mouth open snoring slightly and his arms stretched upwards, above his head resting on the pillow, as though he was pointing out the window in a dream.

I smiled softly to myself at the sight of him, lying there not a care in the world, for a moment it got me thinking of what James would look like asleep, but alas I will never get to know, until we finally walk down the Isle and say I do. I slowly rose up from my sleeping position and once again stretched my arms up towards the sky yawned, before I scratched my head slightly and I then crawled on top of my bedding and got a view off the outside world. The sea was calm and as beautiful as ever, the crystal clear water and the deep rich tones of blues and greens swirling and twirling into one another, as the ship sailed upon them. The sun shining down upon it, creating beautiful rays of light, almost like a spotlight for the sea creatures to surface and be seen by passers by.

After taking in the exquisite sight before me, I then turned around and quietly climbed down from my bunk and started to get ready for the day. I went over to the wash bowel and grabbed the jug and poured the water into the bowl, the trickling of the water hitting the pottery of the bowl, must have awoken Thomas, whom snored slightly before quickly opening his eyes. I turned to look at him and found he was staring bewildered at me, as though he was sleeping with his eyes open still. "Sorry". I whispered to him. "Morning". He grumbled back softly, still half asleep, as he rubbed his eyes quite fearcely and yawned quite loud, before he smacked his lips together a few times and then pulled the covers from himself and got up out of his bunk.

He then stood upon the floor and began to stretch his whole body, before he too walked over to the window and took in the beautiful morning. "Beautiful day isn't it?". He asked in a whispered tone. I had already carried on washing my face with may I add freezing cold water, but I suppose it twas a good wake up method. I then turned to Thomas, as I was drying my face with a clean towel. "Oh it tis yes". I whispered back. "Shall you be needing to use this?". I asked Thomas, as I was pointing towards the wash bowel and jug. "Hmm oh yes thank you". He said after he stretched some more.

I then took the dirty water I had created from washing my face and I tipped it into one of the chamber pots that was situated down besdie each bunk. I then walked over to my bunk and sat upon it, as I grabbed the hair brush from off the top of the cabinet and began to brush through my firery locks, as I freed them from the plait they were in. Thomas then filled the bowel with the water and took of his linen shirt and began to wash under his arms with it and I didn't think much of it until, he began to screech like a little girl. He made me jump out of my skin slightly and I whacked myself on the head with the hair brush. I stopped and put the brush down and began to rub the spot where it just hit off my head. "Y-y-y-o-o-o-o-u, c-c-c-could, of, t-o-o-old, me how, c-cold, it twas!". Thomas turned to me, as he quickly took the towel from off the desk and wrapped himself in it.

I had to put my hand over my mouth and turn to face the wall, as I couldn't help but laugh but I had to keep it in as best I could, to prevent it from being loud, as I didn't want to wake the rest of the crew or better yet, give the game away to James that I was here on board with him. I then manages to compose myself and finally turn around to face him, still with my hand over my mouth. I then took it away and held my hand up in protest. "Sorry Thomas, I forgot to say". I replied in defence, in between giggles. "Oh well, I'm glad you find it amusing!". Thomas snapped slightly, as he quickly placed his shirt back on. "Oh, I am sorry Thomas, but at least your finally wide awake now, I suppose". I said, as I smiled at him, hoping that I hadn't truly upset him. "I suppose so". He replied, as he returned the smile.