Chapter 17

Zayn's POV

I ended up in the woods. I didn't remember the walk here, I just felt relived I could be somewhere that was special to me and the man that supposedly gave me this present hell I'm living in.

I walked deep into the forest, not really caring if I knew my way back or not. The deeper I went, the more it felt my problems slipped away. It was like going into a different world even just for a few hours.

When I reached a creek, I stopped and looked around me to see what my surroundings were. I've always been shit at climbing trees, so I just settled for sitting on the ground after seeing there were no boulders to sit on. I took some deep breaths and played with some of the leaves on the ground while I let my mind wonder into trying to sort out how I've been this oblivious to everything.

The first thing that popped into my mind was my meeting with President Bellator. At the end when I shook his hand and it turned out to be machanic, his comment seemed like he was trying to hint at me. He told me that his last name ment warrior in Latin and that he lived up to the name. I wonder if that was him trying to get me to understand that my last name is literally king. That explains why I hear that stupid name given to me anytime I do something that looks like I'm rebelling against the government.

I looked down at the tattoo on my hand and remember getting it. I was a stupid fourteen year old that wanted to take the meaning of remembering to a whole new level. I was terrified I would forget my dad and all those talks we had when we were hunting. So I got him tattooed on my skin permanently. Now looking at it, I wish I would have thought over the word permanent before I let that random man drill ink into my skin. If I would have known that every time I have to look at my hand that I would be reminded of my dad, then I wouldn't have done it. Now I find out his death wasn't an accident like I've grown up believing, and it's actually more painful.

Liam told me my dad died rebelling the current Main we have now. That gives me no closure on the way he died. It takes away all the comfort I felt when I wondered if he left in a way he wasn't expecting so maybe it was less painful. Did he get shot? Did he fight to the death to overpower the Main? There are so many questions that I want answered, but never will get answered.

I rested my head back against the tree I was leaning on, and let my eyes slip shut. But when I closed my eyes, all I could imagine was the beautiful baby Niall and I would be having in a few months from now.

I hope it's a little girl. I'm good with girls, I know what they need and how they need to be tended and raised. I raised Safaa from birth, hell, I was right next to my mum when she was in labor while Louis' mum delivered her. I know girls really well.

If it's a boy, I'd be afraid for him to turn out anything like me. If he gets that jack ass gene in him, then he's screwed. I wouldn't know how to raise him to be a man. I would probably mess up and make him hate everything like my dad did with me. I can't say he messed up, I can just say he should have let me figure this world out on my own.

I laughed to myself as I tried to imagine what that baby would look like. Niall and I are polar opposites so it would probably end up looking either really unique mix of us both or just identical to one of us. I hope it would look like Niall because Niall is beautiful and he's perfect.

"I see you like to come out to the woods?" My eyes flew open and the sound of another human near me. I looked behind the tree I was leaning against and saw it was an official. I stood up and was going to prepare myself to run, but he took his off the small pocket shield to his all black uniform and showed me the dove behind it. I looked at it then looked around to see if there were any other people watching and this was a trick.