Milan couldn't see Ramses's face and at this time she wished to could. She wanted to know how he felt about all of this. 

She could only gage by Nicoletta's reactions instead, so you can imagine Milan's confusion when Nicoletta took a deep breath and smiled. Digging in her purse on the table as well, Nicki produced two alcohol pads.

"And, I remembered!" She sing songed before going over to Ramses. She gave them to him, and they both laughed. Coming around to Milan's row, she scooched in close before whispering. "If this trial goes to shit, my last hoorah is to have him sniff the pads with a tissue and just start crying. Everybody feels bad when a man cries."

The idea made Milan immediately snort. She slapped a hand over her mouth even though it was seconds too late.

Nicoletta grinned.

Please God, no. I can't catch the ick mid-trial.

Milan thought as the vision of Ramses crying like a child passed through her mind's eye. She shuddered softly.

There was a silent beat before suddenly an alarm started ringing from Nicoletta's phone. She immediately silenced it and looked at Milan before grasping Ramses's shoulder. "It's time, guys."

Next the doors of the courtroom opened and everyone that was in the hallway began to file in. Plain clothed citizens first, they filed in to the juror's box that was on Ramses's side but directly to the back of the room.

Then a man in an expensive black suit came in. He held a briefcase just like Nicki's save for the gold lettering. He sat at the plaintiff's table. With him was another, beefier man. He also had a briefcase, but it was smaller, and his light gray suit was not as tailored. He took a seat next to sharper looking lawyer.

They looked to Nicki and gave her a gentlemanly nod. Nicoletta smiled a smile that looked more like she was gritting her teeth. 

Milan guessed that they were the men that would be representing the State of Illinois. 

Or for lack of better words, the opps. 

The room was brimming with energy. There was a light chatter going on as people were getting settled into their seats. Milan took this time to rest her hands on Ramses's shoulders. She had to touch him, even if it was just for a moment.

This could be the last time they touch each other for a very long time. 

As soon as her hands touched his shoulders, it was like he knew exactly who it was. His body relaxed immediately. It seemed like the goal was almost to melt into her. "I know you can't look at me right now but know I'm right behind you." Milan spoke to him in a hushed tone. 

She had to remember there were two officers beside him. And they were in a court room with everyone watching him.

"I believe in you, and no matter what happens... I love you." Milan finished, she had to stop right there, or she was at risk to burst into tears. She watched as Ramses drew in a big breath, his shoulders shaking the smallest bit as he exhaled. She knew he was just as emotional as her when it all came down to it.

"I love you more, Milan." 

Ramses returned the sentiment. Milan's eyes fluttered closed as the words washed over. Tears burned her eyes. She knew she had to stop touching him before she threw a fit and sealed his chances of never seeing daylight again. 

Milan withdrew her hands from his shoulders like he was burning her. She spread her fingers out on the fabric covering her thighs. She was just barely keeping it together.

"Please rise! The Court of the First District Appellate Court, Criminal Division, is now in session with the Honorable Judge Diana Cortez presiding." A man's voice orders at the front of the room.