Chapter 45-The Final Punch

Chapter 45

•Damian's P.O.V•

Alex and Keith met in the middle of the arena with a quick burst from both. Then-

*BOOM!!!*

An enormous explosion of fire and rock burst from them. The strong winds pushed everyone back in their seats, even off their seats. I covered my eyes. After a few seconds, it died down and allowed us to get ourselves back on our feet, especially Zack, who looked particularly dazed from the blast.

"Whoa!" Cameron exclaimed.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked. The others murmered in reply.

"What was that!?" Celest asked.

"That was one huge blast." Zielo said, scratching the back of his head.

"That was incredible..." Mr Silva said, looking down at the arena. I turned to the edge of the stands. The entire arena was covered in a cloud of dust.

"Yeah, but who won?" Zack asked.

"Lets find out." Cameron said, his eyes glowing. He held on to the railing and a small layer of frost formed on top of the metal. Then, a path of ice appeared leading down to the arena floor.

One by one, everyone slid down to the center of the arena. The dust cloud made it hard to see anything. I turned to Aaron.

"Aaron, if you please?" I asked.

"Gladly." Aaron replied. He stepped forward, his eyes glowing a bright grey. He Then clapped his hands together and a strong gust of wind blew from his fingertips. The wind blew the dust cloud away slowly, but when it cleared, all of our eyes widened in shock.

Alex and Keith lay on the ground opposite each other, covered in scratches and completely unconscious. Alex's flames faded and Keith's wolf form was a lot more tame. Around them was small bits of debris and tiny flames that lingered from the explosion. I stared in surprise.

"They're both out for the count?" I said in surprise. "Then, who wins?"

"No one. Neither one of them lasted longer than the other, and they're both obviously too tired to keep their eyes open, let alone stand. This match is a draw." Mr Silva said. We all turned back to the two unconscious elementals in in front of us. They glowed as I lifted them up with my telekinesis.

"Lets put them on the stands to rest up." I said. I turned to Natalie. "Nat, could you help with the injuries and speed up their healing?"

"Sure." She said. With that, we all made out way back to the stands. I set Alex and Keith down and Natalie did her work. Luckily, neither of them were injured too badly. I sat with the others, chatting away at the battle that we all witnessed. But as they were talking about it, my mind raced. That new form that Alex took on, I've never seen anything like it. What was it? Where did he get such power? Was he always this powerful? Does he even know how strong he truly is? Wait, then how strong is he really?

I turned to Alex. An expression of curiosity and slight concern spread across my face as I waited for him to wake up. More questions ran through my mind, but i decided to push them to the side and wait for my friends to wake up. I can ask Alex those questions later.

•Alex's P.O.V•

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I sat up, groaning quietly. I felt exhausted, unusually exhausted. My magic felt faint, weaker than how I remembered it. I looked around and found myself in the arena on stands. I scratched my head and felt a bandage wrapped around it. I looked down at my hands and found bandages wrapped around my forearms as well. I was confused, until my brawl with Keith briefly flashed into mind.