Chapter 19-Fur, Feathers, Fangs and Fins

Chapter 19

•Alex's P.O.V•

The school bell rang, signalling the end of another lesson. As I left history class, I saw Keith walking past my door through the other elementals. I caught up with him.

"Yo, Keith!" I called out. He stopped and turned to me.

"Oh, hey Alex!" He said, a fanged smile across his face.

"What class do you have now?" I asked, walking along with him.

"The same as yours." He replied. I shot him a co fused glance.

"What?" I asked.

"We're going to the same class, everyone in our team is. Didn't you see the class schedule?" He asked.

"I guess not." I shrugged. "So what class do we have?"

"The best class this school has to offer, in my opinion at least, Beastiology." He said excitedly.

"Beastiology?" I asked.

"It's a class where you learn about all the awesome critters and monsters in the entire realm!" He said. "I love animals, if you couldn't tell."

"No, I noticed." I chuckled.

"I can't wait!" Keith's ears and tail sprung from his body with a fluffy *poof*, and almost immediately started to twitch and wag.

"Oh, that happens when I get a little too excited. The animal in me just can't help itself." He blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry."

"No, it's okay, it's actually kinda cute." I said. I noticed his cheeks turning red again and his tail wagging more intensely.

"Uh, you okay-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Let's just get to class already." Keith interrupted, covering his face and walking at a faster pace. I stared at him for a second, but shrugged it off and followed him to our next class.

•••

As we entered the arena, we were met with the rest of our teammates, chatting with each other. Me and Keith walked up to him, his cheeks still a slight shade of pink.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"Took you guys long enough to get here." Aaron smirked.

"Where's coach Beast?" Keith asked.

"Not sure, he's usually here before-"

Zack was cut off by a loud roar that echoed through the arena. We all turned to where it originated and found a large burly figure in the distance.

"Found him." Cameron said, frightened. The figure then leapt high into the air before landing with a thud that shook the ground. He stood up straight, which allowed us to get a clear view of him;

Big and muscular with huge arms and thighs under his black ripped jeans. He wore a long jacket with ripped sleeves at the end, under which was a bare, chiseled upper body and abs, and a silver army necklace. He had a sharp jaw and flat chin lined with a short fuzzy beard. He had a scar across his dark hazel eyes, clearly visible under his dark brown hair which he had tied up in a little ponytail, somewhat like Keith's, and two little bear ears on top of his head, one of which had a triangle cut out of it and the other, a gold earring. He had claw-marks all over his body and chest. Not to mention, he was tall. Very tall. He looked about seven feet, at least.

He let out a low menacing growl as his eyes moved, examining each one of us. I instinctively took a step back.

"So..." he started, his voice laced with a deep menacing voice. "You're today's victims." I gulped hard.