Chapter 31-Unwanted Visitors

Chapter 31

•???•

"Andreas..." I muttered grimly. The mind elemental turned to me.

"Yes, my lord?"

"...we have a problem."

Andreas shot me a confused stare. "W-What do you mean?"

I had called Andreas to my library. He found me standing at the center, surrounded by all the books and scrolls that I've collected over the years. The entire room was lit up and as dusty as when I was banished. But, the moment I walked in a minute ago, I immediately noticed that something was wrong.

My castle was built over a series of tunnels and caverns connecting to different rooms and sections. Some of them even led to towns for quick and easy access to them. However, only two people knew about them; me and Andreas. There was a trapdoor in the center of the room that led down to these tunnels. I had always relied on Andreas' teleportation to get me to where I needed to go, so I never really found a use in going through the tunnels. And yet...

"The trapdoor..." I muttered. Andreas took one look and gasped.

It was left wide open.

"I have never used these tunnels before. I know them like the back of my hand, yes, but I've always relied on your teleportation or portals whenever I needed to travel..." I turned to him, my eyes glowing a menacingly bright shade. Small cracks started to appear at my feet.

"So, why is it open?"

"I-I don't know." Andreas stammered. "Not many know about this castle, and those who do know better than to get too close."

"Then whoever came through here must have been either extremely cocky, or extremely ignorant. Eiither way..."

Black magical essence started to pool around my hands, bleeding into the brick on which I stood. Andreas looked at me with an expression of fear.

"That elemental will pay dearly for trespassing on the land of the Corrupted King."

I walked toward the entrance to the library, the black essence pooling at my feet spreading into more of the wood and stone with each step. My corruption always had a tendency to act on its own whenever I felt strong emotion. It often confused and frightened people when cracks formed on my skin when I was overjoyed. It was a habit that I found amusing. I reached the doorway, before turning back to Andreas.

"I'll be in the throne room if you need me." I said to him softly. He flashed a small smile as I walked through the doorway into the throne room. I sat atop my grand obsidian throne, finding a strange sense of calm in the emptiness of the room. I enjoyed the silence. However, it didn't last very long.

"My lord!" Andreas teleported into the throne room, his face expressing some form of panic.

"What? What is it?"

"One of the scrolls." He muttered. "It's gone!"

~~~~~

Author's Notes

It feels nice writing another chapter in the CK's perspective. They're just so much easier to plan out, and a shorter chapter = less stress for me when writing. Anyways, apart from that, I really love the way this turned out, especially how I incorporated the way CK's magic behaves. It's definitely something I'll be utilizing in later chapters.

-BlueBoyHalo14