Chapter 1

CHAPTER-1
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

It was March 2020, a time that now feels like a distant echo in my memory. School was my world, and looming ahead was a math exam, ready to put my numerical skills to the test. But fate had other plans.

One evening, as I sought refuge in the glow of the TV screen, a solemn announcement pierced through the mundane routine: COVID-19 had arrived, shutting down schools and offices indefinitely. Strangely, the news brought relief from the impending exam stress.

The following months blurred into a haze of monotony. Days melted into each other, and the outside world grew eerily silent. I found solace in the familiarity of my room, with the TV as my constant companion.

As May crept in, whispers of children playing outside teased my senses. I longed to join them, but fear held me back. So, I became an observer from my balcony, watching their carefree antics with envy and trepidation.

With June on the horizon, a flicker of hope ignited within me. Maybe, just maybe, things would soon return to normal. But uncertainty lingered, reminding me of the fragility of life.

Yet, amidst the melancholy, I found solace in the resilience of the human spirit. We endure, we hope, and we wait for the light to return, knowing that one day it will. And so, as I stood on the threshold of an uncertain future, I held onto that hope, a simple yet powerful beacon in the darkness.