Chapter 17: Old Combacks

Start from the beginning

Surprising Cole beyond belief he attempts to reason with her, but he knew that wasn't how she liked to be comforted. Instead, he listened and tried to get her to explain. To his amazement Tabitha broke down with tears in her eyes as she discussed her sudden hatred towards her very being. She admitted to being so caught up in being a queen, and protecting the worlds, that she lost sight in who she was. The once careless and cocky girl was now an attentive, and modest monarch.

"How can I not like myself?" Tabitha says while Cole led her to the bed to sit down. "I don't want to do that. I don't want people to know this or find out that I'm not happy. I'm supposed to be better for this kingdom- for everyone! I don't like this anymore!" She cries in a pained voice as she held onto her husband to ease her emotional damage. "This isn't who I am but this is how people expect me to be."

Cole then shushes her for a moment just so she could weep in his arms.

She did.

After a few minutes he finally found the courage to speak.

"Well, why don't you start acting how you wanna act then? There's no shame in that." He mentions with a generous smile. "Because from what I'm hearing, you're saying that you've turned into a completely different person." Cole says plainly. "I haven't noticed this burden you've been carrying, and I am so sorry for not being there to help you out, but now I'm here. So... from now on, just be yourself. Don't let anyone tell you what you are. Don't let them tell you who to be."

Tabitha sniffles, wiping her nose with a tissue from the dresser.

"Okay..." She sighs softly while wiping the tears from her eyes, which only smudged her makeup. "Shit. Now I got to fix my makeup."

However, before she could get up and reapply new mascara on, Cole lightly grabs her hand and pulls her closer to him. She is confused by his notion, asking why he did it.

"I've got an idea." Cole admits with a friendly smirk on his face. "Follow me; the old you is gonna make a comeback."

Tabitha giggles slightly at this, allowing her husband to drag her to the bathroom.

_______________________

Max cruises along the crowded dance floor looking for his parents. They were supposed to arrive any minute and he wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. It had been a very stress filled month for them and the whole kingdom, and the last thing that Max wanted was for their party to go wrong. Along his path were his uncles Martin and Chris Kratt.

Martin and Chris are both Tabitha's older brothers from Kratt dimension. In that world they protect animals and their habitats from evil doers that want to destroy, or use them. Wielding their famous Creature Power Suits, the brothers can turn into animals, along with their respective discs and the creature's DNA.

Tabitha didn't need the suit anymore after a meteorite crashed landed in their world, and magically gave her nature powers. Chris received a bit of them but they aren't as strong as his sister's. Martin, however, didn't get any yet he doesn't mind at all. He obviously preferred the creature power suits.

They take notice of the small prince, waving him over with large grins plastered onto their faces. Both wore expensive suits with matching paw printed jackets of their signature color for the special occasion.

"Hey kiddo!" Martin, the blonde, exclaims with a proud gaze. "How you doin', Max?"

Chris; the brunette, nods his head in excitement. "Yeah, its been forever! Look at how much you've grown!" He says to Max, lightly rubbing the prince's fluffy hair. Yet he notices his nephew's distressed expression and stops. "You okay?"