He felt the warmth in his body disappear gradually. And he became unconscious.

Boom!

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out, followed by a dense hail of bullets, and there was no time for anyone to react.

Kasen yelled, “Da mn it. Fight with them.”

Then, strife started.

Ziana hid in the tree and was terrified when she heard the sounds.

When everything returned to calm, Ziana found Boris. A chill shiver rippled over her skin.

“Boris.”

Ziana rushed over to hug him. She was so sad that she couldn’t make a sound, but her tears trickled down her cheeks.

“Don’t be afraid.” Boris heard Ziana saying, “It’s going to be Okay. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

When Boris came round, he didn’t know how long it had been. He heard someone talking beside him.

“Do you want to eat something?” a man asked gently.

Boris frowned and wondered whether the man was asking him.

Boris tried to figure out who the man was but failed.

He felt someone holding his hand, and the feeling was familiar. It was Ziana.

Boris moved his fingers, and the woman said with joy, “Boris? Are you awake?”

It was Ziana’s voice. It was the same as before, yet different.

Boris tried to open his mouth, but his throat was dry, and his voice was (hoa rse). “Honey.”

Ziana said in a choked voice, “I’m here. It’s Okay. We’re safe. Do you want to drink some water?”

“I am thirsty,” Boris said.

Ziana said, “I’ll get you some water.”

“I will do it,” the man said. “Stay here with him. He needs your company now.”

Ziana didn’t refuse because she didn’t want to leave Boris.

The man came back with water. Ziana fed Boris with a spoon and wiped his mouth when he needed no more.

“Do you still feel painful?” Ziana asked.

Boris shook his head. “No.”

“We’re still on a yacht. When we get back to Scope Island, I’ll detoxify you. Ziana grabbed Boris’ hand and put it on

her face.

Boris thought Ziana’s eyes must be red because he had heard the choking in her voice.

It was a pity that he couldn’t see her.

“Don’t cry.” Boris groped to hug Ziana, patting her back lightly. “I did what I had promised you.”

Boris promised Ziana to be alive.

Ziana tried to hold back her tears, but they poured down her face.

She buried her face in front of Boris and bit her lip. “Well, I know you won’t lie to me.”

“I have never lied to you.”

Then, Ziana told Boris what happened after he fainted.

Ziana was escorted to the pier and saw the yacht. Therefore, they were rescued.