Children or Spawns of Hell?

Start from the beginning

"Uh," Sirius said awkwardly, staring at the first years. He was never particularly good with kids. "I think we are in the wrong class?"

"Nonesense Mr Black!" A voice called , and they looked up to see Proffesor Millbur deciding the stairs.

He was this years defence Professor. An ex- auror from sweden who often wore eccentric coloured robes that made Aveline eyes hurt.

"Today, some of my brightest first years students will joining us. Everyone come in, come in," the man said, motioning for the seventh years hesitating by the door.

There was hesitation, most of the older students were in that incredibly awkward stage where they didn't know how to act around younger kids.

"Now!" the man began, now that everyone had been settled, "Everyone pair up! One first year, with one seventh year! Don't be shy now!"

There was some people who thrived in this situation. Namely, James Potter and Lily Evans who Aveline watched approach some of the first year with wide smiles. Aveline herself did fine as well, she was friendly enough and ended up partnering with a young slytherin girl who have her a smile.

Remus though?

He looked about as awkward as a bull in china shop. Pairing up with a first year boy who didn't say a word to him.

"Now," Milbur began, scanning his eyes around the room, "My seventh years I want you to teach your first year partner a spell you wish you knew when you were in first year. Begin!"

There was a pause in the room, before Aveline turned to her partner, giving the girl a soft smile.

"Alright," Aveline began kindly. "I think we should—"

"My mommy says your a blood traitor slut," the girl cut Aveline off, in a dead tone as she stared up at the blonde girl.

Aveline was quite literally speechless. She wasn't expecting that, to come out of a little girls mouth who had pigtails tied with fluffy pink scrunchies. She didn't recognize the girl, but apparently she recognized Aveline.

"Excuse me?" Aveline said, her voice audibly in a squeaky tone.

The little girl nodded, bobbing her head up and down.

"And my daddy says you'd be better off dead in a ditch," she continued, no tone of empathy in her voice. "Why didn't you get married? I was at your wedding. Your dress was ugly. You look better with all the makeup you had on your face at the wedding then you do now. You should wear makeup more."

The girl seemed to have no filter, saying everything she thought about Aveline straight to her face as if it was no big deal.

"None of that is any of your business," Aveline snapped.

The little girl crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"My Dad says that you and your brother have destroyed your family name," the girl stated.

"I don't give a shit what your Dad says," Aveline snapped.

Even if this girl was 11, she would start swinging if she kept rubbing her annoying little mouth.

"My Mom was right, you are a bitch," the little girl whispered, through her crooked teeth.

"You want to talk about being a fucking bitch look in the fucking mirror —

"Miss Rosier!" The Proffesor's shrill voice cut her off, walking over to the pair with a genuine astounded look on his face. For a moment he just paused eyes wide and flickering between Aveline and her partner. "I dare say that is a most inappropriate way to talk to your dear partner!! Apologize, then I think a visit to Mcgonagall in her office will be due!"

Aveline sighed, "But Proffesor she—"

"Miss Rosier!" he warned, raising an eyebrow at her.

She fought the urge to roll her eyes, crossing her arms and staring down at the little first, "sorry for calling you a little fucking bitch," she said.

"Language Miss Rosier!" the man reprimanded, shaking his head as if he couldn't believe it. He turned to the little first year, bending down and placing a hand on her shoulder, "Now are you okay dear?"

In response the little girl shook her head, and Aveline could see past the fake sniffles and tears that were welling in her eyes.

"I'm sorry sir," the first year began, making a big spectacle about pausing and whipping the fake tears from her eye, "I'm just so scared—"

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me!" Aveline exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Miss Rosier, Mcgonagall's office NOW!"

The entire class watched as Aveline Rosier mummbled something incoherent under her breathe. Storming out of the room with a huff and not being afraid it to let the door slam on the way out.

After Aveline was gone the rest of the lesson was much more peaceful— except for the couple students who were being irresponsible that Millbur removed from the lesson.

Remus was surprisingly quite enjoying himself.

He probably have about half a dozen first years surrounding him— some of them even having ditched their own partners to be taught by him. He was showing them fun little tricks he had learnt over the years— like the spell to turn parchment into a flying paper bird, and a couple funny jinx's that were more harmless fun then anything.

And even more surprising to himself, the kids actually liked Remus.

"Remus! Remus!" one of the little girls called, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt from behind him.

Her whirled around a kind waiting smile on his face.

"Show me how to turn the paper into a bird again!" She asked.

Remus was an effortlessly good teacher. He explained things simply, and truly seemed to get some sort of reward from seeing the little students succeed.

By the end of the lesson, over half of the little first years had wandered over his way, and Remus Lupin was pretty certain he knew what he wanted to do for the first of his life.