He nodded. "That's good, I believe people will be watching since I didn't race last weekend..."

"Precisely why we should work on that, I want us to go over the questions that could appear and how you're going to answer if they have any hint of a second meaning," you explained. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

"Nothing, was planning to ask for room service, you?"

"I had one but I could go for a bowl of fruit myself. If you want, we can go through it now and then have the rest of the day for yourself?" You asked.

"Of course, should I ask for a fruit bowl for you at my room?"

You looked at him as if he was crazy. "Why? Meet me here in fifteen minutes, we'll go to the lounge bar and have a nice breakfast..."

"Of course," he repeated dryly. "See you then."

The small breakfast meeting went well, you went over the questions that might show up and George as always, was easy to work with, since he was a PR wonder, even if he won't admit it. He'd been a little distracted though, not engaging in much conversation and just doing his job. It wasn't your place to ask if something was wrong but you would if you saw him struggle with something related to work later.

You arrived at the TV pen when George was scheduled to appear, as he was further aside, talking to his trainer. You waited a few steps away, as the other drivers started to appear.

"Look who it is!" Someone said to you. "You started working here again and you have the guts not to say hello!"

You chuckled. "Just got here mate, like you said, been working!" You hugged Max Verstappen tightly as he came to you. "How are you?"

"Good, good, fighting the championship with your new boy!" He signalled George, still in deep conversation.

"Ahhh I see, is he making things difficult? Finally someone did it!" You nudged him just as Pierre Gasly ruffled your hair.

"Twat, go do that to your girlfriend and see if you have her by the end of the day!" You laughed as you tried to put your hair in place again. Pierre was cackling.

"She likes me, cry about it," he tried.

Max snorted. "Stop trying to make everyone believe you're the only hot one on the grid, Gasly!" he rolled his eyes. "Look."

In that moment, Charles Leclerc was walking in, sunglasses on and lollipop in his lips.

"He tries too hard," you said out loud, and Charles heard you, coming towards you for another hug.

"People just seem to love me," the monegasque shrugged innocently. He was adorable, he didn't even know how much people loved him.

You kept chatting outside the tv room with the boys, Lando joining to reclaim the game you still owed him, the rest of the drivers being offended that you would play with Lando and not them.

Seriously, boys.

A few minutes later, you heard hard footsteps coming fast towards the group, when a pair of red covered arms attacked you from behind.

"Cariño! It's so good to finally see you again!" Carlos Sainz said and cuddled you.

"My Spaniard is here!" You said gleefully. He was always the sweetest with you.

You chatted with them all for a while, since the press conference was taking longer.

"Yo, Russell, there's people here!" A voice said and laughed. "Hi, I'm Alex."

You chuckled. "I know, big fan." You said to Albon, who joined the group.

They stayed talking and you checked on George, who was the only one still on the other side of the waiting room, changing his t-shirt, showing off his toned abs. Alex usually teases him about that.

The curious thing is that George didn't even smile at the comment, even though Albon was almost definitely his best mate on the grid. Instead, he stood there against the wall, all alone and with a very hard expression.

The lads kept calling him but he said no and looked at his phone. That's how the boys took the whole group to him.

"Hey mate, why won't you join us?" Charles said with a grin and then put his arm around you. "We're celebrating you brought back our girl here!"

George's big eyes moved once towards you and went back to Charles. "Didn't feel like it."

"Bet she's making you work hard!" Max commented. "I'm still damaged from the time we worked together."

You laughed and just rolled your eyes playfully at him.

"You have the best time with her though, there's no doubt about that," Carlos smiled and rubbed your shoulder.

"Damn right," Pierre said. "Best of the best!"

George looked at all of them. "Yeah well, not getting the whole package experience myself boys. Let's go inside." He said harshly and went to give the interviews.

You stayed there like a bucket of ice cold water fell on you. The boys too, just hugged you again and gave you a kiss on the head before leaving.

Why was he acting so mean?