Chapter 18

Pov Azra

I opened my eyes, and saw my room lit up by daylight, Ughh, I had closed the curtains.

It was funny, I had the impression that Amina was standing in front of me. Even in my dreams, she's bothering me.

" Get out of my dreams, you, go to Zafir," I grumbled, putting the blanket back over me.

But the blanket slipped out of my hands, and Amina, pinched me hard, reviving all the senses in my body, she was real?

"Ouch!" I exclaimed in pain, glaring at my best friend

" Get up, Azra, it's 10 am!" she says to me
I look at my alarm clock, and jumped up from my bed, how come my mother didn't wake me up,"she who wakes me up at any time.

" But why didn't anyone wake me up?" I ask her, looking for clothes quickly in my wardrobe

My best friend pulls me towards her and makes me sit on the bed.

" Azra, you were sleeping like a baby, your mother tried everything, she sent me as a last resort "

I had to say that I was very tired, both mentally and physically.

"I'm not presentable, I'm not going to arrive like this in front of your parents?" I tell her at the end of my despair

"Stop panicking, it's only me who's following for the moment, the others will come later, go take a shower for the moment, you smell of mouldy leaves," she says to me mockingly

"Thank you Amina," I say ironically before throwing a pillow in her face

At this, she laughs even more, but yes, that's it, continue. My mother appears with a suitcase of a rather atypical colour.

" Do you think it's a bomb inside?" Amina asks me, murmuring

" It could be!" I tell her, thinking

My mother glances at us, and we smile innocently at her.

"Instead of talking unnecessarily, what if someone came to help me, this suitcase weighs a lot," my mother complains

Amina apologises and goes to help her, but my mother stops her.

"No, not you, Amina, you're the guest here, you've woken up the hibernating bear, there are cakes downstairs, go and eat," she says gently to Amina.

I rolled my eyes, I'm not that great a sleeper, my best friend nodded and stuck her tongue out at me before disappearing to eat the cakes prepared by my mother, traitor.

" You there, come here" says my mother authoritatively

It's really, the world upside down, I had the impression that sometimes it was Amina's daughter, not me. I got up and helped her carry her suitcase to my bed, heavy was an understatement, there were 15 atomic bombs in that thing.

My mother wiped her forehead, well, and opened the suitcase, dozens of Pakistani clothes were lying around, from the festive ones to the night pyjamas.

"I bought all these for the day you get married, as you could wear them," she said.

I took a look at them, they were beautiful, I'm not going to lie to you, especially the midnight blue salwar kameez.

"This suitcase is yours, I thought I'd have to wait a long time before giving it to you, the surprise" she joked

She left me and told me to get ready quickly, I took my shower and put on the salwar. I hesitantly took my dupatta and put it on my head.