Chapter 15

Pov Riaz

"Riaz, you can't do that, what about Rania? Your marriage in all this" she whispers to me in exasperation

I sighed if she thought I was actually capable of thinking of myself when I saw him marrying that scum, the mosquito was way off.

" Don't you dare try to reason with me, you think you're the only one who's stubborn?"

She didn't answer me, and seemed surprised by me, despite her astonishment, I made the imam sign to start the nikkah, I knew that not everyone would like it but my choice was made, Azra, I would protect her.

" Riaz Siddiqui, son of Abdul Siddiqui, do you accept to marry Azra Ahmed Khan, daughter of Aamar Ahmed Khan?" the imam asked me

" Qubool Hai, Qubool Hai, Qubool Hai" I said without thinking as if his three words were just waiting to be said from my mouth

My heart was peaceful, light, all that was missing was Azra's answer.

" Azra Ahmed Khan, daughter of Aamar Ahmed Khan, do you agree to marry Riaz Siddiqui, son of Abdul Siddiqui?"

My breathing quickened in anticipation, the mosquito was frozen in place, thinking, I did not let go of my gaze. I was about to speak but Amina waved me to the ground and walked over to her best friend, catching her eye.

" Azra, please accept for me, I can't let you suffer, knowing you're in Riaz's hands allows me to be reassured, you're my sister at heart aren't you? I would never ask you to do anything if it was wrong," she said softly

Azra looked at her, her eyes softened, I smiled at the sight, only Amina could convince her. She looked at Rania, who nodded positively, grateful, I whispered a sorry, she smiled at me even though I could see her pained look. I hope she finds the one who will complete half of her faith, she deserves it, the almighty never forsakes his servants.

"Qubool..hai, Qubool.. Hai, Qubool hai" she said, bowing her head

Even though her voice was weak, almost a whisper, she had said it, she was now my nikkah, my wife, no one had the right to take her away from me.

" You did it, Azra, thank you," said my sister, taking her in her arms.

She stroked her head as a mother would, I thanked her inwardly for taking care of her. I quickly approached Hamid, held captive in Zafir's arms.

" I'm not done yet, if you think she's yours, you're wrong, you're a loser," Hamid told me through clenched teeth.

His threats made me laugh, if he thought he could scare me, he was wrong. I grabbed him by the collar, pulling him towards me, I was much bigger than him.

" Who is the real loser here Hamid? I'm warning you, don't even try to get close to Azra, she's mine now, you never had her, and she'll never be yours, I intend to protect her until the last moment, you're a coward, and very far from scaring me, I advise you to go and hide under your mother's skirts, because in the next few days, you're going to live a hellish life languishing in a cell between four closed walls, "I warn him.

I smiled hypocritically, I had all the proof I needed, I had recovered that day the surveillance video of the room just in case, I knew very well that he wasn't going to stay without trying anything, too bad for him.

He tried to get me to release my grip but I finally freed him and not expecting that, he fell pathetically to the floor making Zafir laugh.

"How dare you?" Azra's aunt asked me furiously.
To think that he was part of the same family seemed so implausible, she tried to slap me but I grabbed her hand, not this time, she had become agitated enough, with my most intimidating look, I reminded her who I was.