Chapter 12

Pov Azra

It was Friday, the day of Jummah. I had gone to pray with my parents at the mosque in the morning as I had no classes on the day, it had done me good, talking to my creator had allowed me to get rid of all the bad emotions I had had, especially with what had happened with Hamid. I still had nightmares about it even though it was eight weeks ago.

I had to wear turtleneck for five days until the hickeys went away, my skin on my chest had turned red from rubbing it like crazy with soap.

I also thought about Riaz, even more than before, he haunted me wherever I went, since he had returned, I noticed that in addition to our usual bickering, there were moments of gentleness like when he took me in his arms to reassure me near the fountain.

I instinctively touched the top of my forehead, where he had first kissed me, even though I hadn't felt his lips directly on it.

" It's not okay," I mumbled, feeling my heart racing.

I, who had been holding my heart for years in a state of equilibrium to hope for nothing while keeping my feelings for Riaz a secret, was beginning to want to explode.

Can you believe it? I was beginning to imagine myself married to the grumpy one, having children, eating together.

Ckrnfkfnfjn, disaster upon disaster ! How was I going to get out of here, and to top it all off, I hadn't seen much of the grumpy guy since Aliya's wedding, he'd joined his father at his company and so he wasn't there.

"Admit it, you miss him, just declare yourself!" screams my Mind

I was laughing so hard that the idea was suicidal, while we're at it, let's jump into the void to do some skydiving?

" Are you listening to me?" Amina asks me, annoyed.

"Of course I am!" I lied to her.

My best friend grabbed me by the collar and stared at me fiercely to which I smiled innocently. She was angry and it made me want to laugh so hard.

" Azraaa, AZRAZA! Tomorrow is my henna party, it's very important, so please listen to me" she says seriously

I nod and she lets me go, really never get a bride-to-be angry, otherwise you end up burning, Amina was so on edge with her wedding preparations, can you imagine, I spent that afternoon blowing up 100 pink balloons, all to deflate them because she wanted them yellow, thank goodness I knew how to breathe.

"Well, the balloons are good, the food is good, the music is good, but..."

" But what Amina? Calm down, everything is perfect, it will be a beautiful day, I assure you."

She smiled at me, she was so worried about messing up.

" After the henna party, it will be my wedding in a fortnight Azra, imagine that Zafir doesn't think I'm beautiful, or worse doesn't want me?" She said worriedly

I smiled, she was adorable but too pensive, I sat her on the couch, and took her cheeks in my hands, stretching her lips in a smile.

" Amina, I'm telling you, everything is going to be fine, Zafir loves you, there's no reason for him to back out, you're an amazing girl, trust Allah, and just enjoy your wedding my beautiful, and then I'm here too, do you really think I'd let a problem happen to your wedding? "I ask her

She hugs me for the second time in my life.

"I know I don't have to tell you this, but I have a golden chance to have you as my best friend, you're my heart sister," Azra says suddenly sentimental