I stood infront of the heavy wooden door covered with vines. I pulled the second vine, using quite an amount of force. The door opened quick enough for me to relief myself from anyone who could be watching me. The door swooshed shut behind me, as I walked through the pathway filled with the sounds of nature. The green bushes and colourful flowers surrounded me with a refreshing atmosphere, but my worry doesn't seem to cease.

The front room was the first thing that came into my mind, atleast someone must be inside or probably Martis and I truly hope he is there. I took a peek through the window from outside before pushing the door open revealing only the scattered papers on the round table in the middle of the room. I lost my hope until I saw a servant approaching me, who seemed surprised at my presence.

"Do you perhaps have any idea where Martis is?" I politely asked him. "Of course miss, he headed outside earlier to wander orounf the outskirts," he responded as he nodded his head. "What is he doing?" I sighed and actually asked myself, still audible for the servant to hear it too. "He didn't tell anyone and headed outside just like that," the servant kneel down to lift some papers up from the ground.

"Well, thank you for your help," I flashed a smile before closing the door to head outside, catching a glimpse of the man bowing in return. I rushed towards the exit, knowing that Martis might be into something that is obviously trouble. I head through pathway, hoping to see him sooner for the better.

My eyes wandered and inspected around the area, scanning through the green plants and bushes for any presence of him, still no clue or sign of anyone.

I stopped my steps and nearly lost my balance when I saw Martis slashing his weapon around, fighthing his way into a group of guards. My breath hitched at the sight of his bloody arms, I knew that I should have arrived earlier. I wasted no more time and dive myself into the fight, through his back when one of the guards made an attempt to launch an attack. Martis has been alerted and astonished by my presence, I could see the slightest widen of his eyes when we shared each other glances for a brief moment.

I didn't even have the chance to fight and push further when the guards declared themselves a surrender and retreated away. With that, I run to Martis as he stood with his weapon holding his balance upright from the ground. His head hung down in exhaustion. If Martis is exhausted, then it must have been a huge fight. I held his arms for support, then he rest his head onto my shoulder.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Is there any wound?" I showered him questions as I scanned his arms. A scratch across his chest made me gasp at the sight. I assume he noticed my worry when he threw both of his hands around my waist and remained at his spot for a moment. I caress his back, still my worry for him grew instead.

He lifted his head from my shoulder and cup both of my cheeks, pulling me closer and focusing our eyes together. His hair falling and covering some part of his face, I saw the reassurance on his faint smile.

"I'm glad you're fine, my darling," he breathlessly chuckled, earning a perplexed look from me. "Those guards, came to ambush me?" I questioned as he laid his forehead on my shoulder again. "My smart girl," he whispered. "Ah Martis, I'm taking you back," I brush his hair off his shoulders, lifting one of his arms around my shoulder to help him walk to his place.

"Promise me you won't blame yourself on what happened," he spared a glance at me, his eyes glimmering in hope. I gulped, before letting out a small sigh on how he understood me so much and it is not a bad thing though, still I couldn't bare the burden on myself. "I promise," I flashed him a smile to ensure him. "That's my girl," he praised which caused my heart to flutter for the nth time, despite the fact I hear them everyday slipping out from his mouth.

"Wait I think I'm feeling better," Martis held onto his own leg with one of his hand still around my shoulder. "Don't force yourself," I grabbed his hand, helping him out and watch his attempt to stand upright. He did manage to do so, and insisted me to walk ahead with his hand still holding onto mine. "Y/n," he called me which caused me to stop my steps. "Hmm, yes?" I turned to face him and our eyes locked onto each other. "Are you okay?" He asked, the genuine look in his eyes has cancelled my initial reflect to fume at his selfless attitude. "I am, but you're not," I interwined my fingers into his as I guided him further down the path.

He responded with a caress on my hand with his thumb as we walked, finally reaching infront of the door of his place. I quickly pulled the second vine again which is somekind of 'key' to unlock the door, then guided him into the place. The door closed behind us, the nature greeting us as usual. I pulled myself into his chest, lying my forehead onto his chest and not seperating our hands away. His other hand caressed my head, eventually releasing our hand and wrap his arms around me into his embrace.

"You should have inform me earlier," I said under his chest. "It was too urgent," he calmly said. I lift my head to gaze into his eyes, they seem brighter than before. "Don't leave me worrying about you like this again," I told him.

He let out a chuckle and shake his head lightly, "I won't."