hayabusa

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Hayabusa x reader

!rivals!
enemies to lovers

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The atmosphere turned silent but unsettling. My senses are aware of the outcoming surprises that might jump out anytime between the bushes. My forehead slightly damp in sweat due to the hot sun and to the hair-raising situation.

As far as I remember, I was casually walking under the trees. Until I found myself in this cautious situation, in which I can't escape even if I run as fast as possible — a worst fate might come for me as I don't know who this person or someone is watching me behind my back. Whoever this person is, he is as fast as a shadow (still slower than light does HAHA).

I heard the slightest sound of movement between the bushes behind me. Consequently, I turned myself around quickly and pulled out my sword swiftly. I expected his figure there but nothing was there. My eyes wander around and observing every single movement of the surrounding.

Soon, a few shurikens flew towards me as Hayabusa jumped out of nowhere. My pupils dilated in awareness of the ambush, I held my sword against myself to protect me from his shurikens. Within a blink of an eye, he appeared behind my back. I was completely aware of it, I successfully dodged all his attacks.

I fight back by weapon to weapon before The Ninja summoned his ninjutsu, turning himself into the thin air and summoning some shadows. I recognized his pattern of attacks, so I swoosh my sword as I turn myself around 180 degrees.

We continued on the fight. Clinging sounds of shurikens and swords, then the sudden brief silence as The Ninja teleported around with his shadows and sometimes blending into them and his attacks becomes unavoidable. However, it doesn't matter to me.

My swift movements are able to compete or even dominate his sometimes unpredictable movements, His shadows are no match for me.

Eventually, I caught him when he made an almost unnoticeable mistake but I witnessed it and took it as an advantage for me to take him down. In between the gap of second of his teleportation, he didn't cast his shadow kill even when he had the chance, but he threw his shurikens again at me.

I reflect his shurikens with my weapon at him and his guard was off. Before he could make another move, I made him lay on the ground with his shurikens scattered randomly. I place my sword onto his neck as his eyes bore into mine.

My look was stern, then I soften my gaze at him. My hands trembling and shaking my sword visibly, as Hayabusa glanced at the sword above his neck. His expressions are unreadable beneath his mask. Nevertheless, I could feel the smirk under his mask.

I clutch onto my sword. "I hate you," my voice was low but still audible enough for him to hear. I gulped in with all the thoughts running through my head.

"Lies," he replied in ease.

Still in doubt and confusion with own feelings, his reply made my heart skipped a beat. Was I too obvious? I release the grip of my sword and it fall onto the ground as I contemplate on how I feel. I stared on the ground in wonder.

I liked him for many years since we became rivals, although I went through my denial phase and had moved on my feelings from him in awhile. I still can't let go of him. Our fights and battles, once were friends and now enemies, it all feels like we are still friends.

Then he has my heart and caught my attention in most times, even sometimes awaiting for his appearance. However, I accepted the fact we couldn't be together because of the history and our connection between relatives and sect.