Chapter sixteen

This party wasn’t what I was expecting at all, I was expecting a small get together with council members and other students, I thought it would be quiet and intimate but I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Music was blasting so loud I could barely hear myself think, the smell of alcohol surrounded the home, Achilles was right next to me and didn’t seem fazed, he just grabbed my hand and walked inside.

I looked around trying to see if I could recognize any familiar faces but no one really stood out. I saw some boys from school but other than polite pleasantries we never spoke.

Achilles picked me up and we walked together hand to hand, it was nice, he was always so sweet to me.

“Over here!” I hear a familiar voice and saw Iphigenia walking up to us leaving behind a boy she talking too

“Thank God, I was looking for an excuse to stop talking to Greg” She joked and hugged Achilles which made gave me a spark of jealous

She was wearing a two piece, the top was a pink crop top and the bottom was a matching short skirt.

I'm starting to think she doesn't own clothes that are short or cropped, so I felt guilty for judging her clothes.

“Briseis here” She said and I looked to see Briseis sitting on the couch scrolling through her phone

She was dressed more relaxed, Long black skirt that was modest but still hugged her curves and she had a yellow blouse, she seemed uninterested which confused me on why she came at all.

“Achilles” I heard behind us and saw it was Deidamia

“Hey handsome” She purred and I cringe slightly

“Like my dress, it's your favorite color” She asked and turned her body so her backside was was in full view

She had on a dark blue dress, it was short at the end and she had a deep V cut which showed off her cleavage.

“Yeah you look nice” Achilles told her kindly and grabbed my hand regaining my attention

He didn’t say anything. We just walked into the kitchen and I watched him make me a drink, I watched him open a sprite can and pour half inside then added small shots of alcohol I didn’t recognize.

Dad just drinks bottled beers, when he was happy with his job he had one or two a week but now since he went back to his old position he drank more beer than water. Mom doesn’t drink at all.

“Try this” He asked me and handed me a red plastic cups I only ever saw in movies

I took a sip, it was sour but not too bad. Achilles smile and kissed me on the cheek and we walked upstairs and he took me to the balcony.

We watched the sun together with the sound of muffled music behind us.

“What do you usually do at these parties?” I asked him

“Not much, I talk to some friends but I mostly just come for Iphigenia” He answered

“Why her?” I said trying to hide my hint of jealousy

“She’s my oldest friend and she has these parties and I feel like i have to come” He answered cooly and took a sip

“Oh” I said simply

He looked over to me and moved closer and wrapped his arm around me, I relaxed more and cuddled into his staring arms as we watched the sun.

The end

Author note
Sorry it took me forever to finish this, I plan on making another one but gonna take some time time.

Hope you liked this!