Prolonge

Chou Tanghao was already a famous son by the time he born. Born to a famous singer and actress Billie Wang and fellow actor Yu Houchou, he was destined for greatness.

As early as he could remember he would always be by his mother's side. Cameras were always shoved around. At first he was uncomfortable, but he quickly got used to it. He would watch his mother perform and his father would be there to help with the script. He learned to read and write from observing a movie script. His parents starred in many dramas together.

At age eight he stood on stage with the King of Pop himself: Micheal Jackson. Seeing the King dance so effortlessly inspired him to become a singer. With the help of his parents, he learned to play the guitar and train his voice. Even though Nick enjoyed singing, it was his rapping made him stand out.

Inspired by the likes of Tupac and Biggie he taught himself to rap on beat. Although English wasn't his language, he learned how he could rap in Mandarin. So, at age fourteen he was featured on one of his mother's song as a rapper.

Over the years he developed his musical talents. He saw a great opportunity to learn when he moved to America to study. While studying he was given an offer that could change his life.

"What do you want?" Nick said bluntly.

"Very direct are you young man. You see I am an agent from SM Entertainment. Allow me to explain, we are South Korea's number one agency in music. Think of it like a music label. If you sign in with us, we can help you train so you can become an even greater artist. We're looking to debut in a boy group in two years. I think your foreign status may prove very valuable. All you have to do is sign a contract." The agent said taking out a pen and a paper.

Nick checked the contract. He very skeptical of business dealings like this. His mother always taught him to be very wary of agent wanting to sign artists. The contract was for ten years meaning for the entire time he was obligated to do whatever the agency wanted. He didn't like how it sounded. He wanted to do his career his way. He then handed the paper back. The agent just gasped in shock.

"Not interested sir. I still got school to finish, maybe in the next life I could." Nick left the scene.

Nick spent three years in highschool. Learning English and studying music. He developed a reputation for being a hard worker. He was driven to do better and his goal was to be a rapper. He did so well that he graduated class of 06 in Los Angeles. By now he was no longer the adorable boy Taiwanese media once fawned over. In place was a gorgeous young man with the physique to back it up. He took several sports like swimming to work up his body.

He would never forget the proud smile of his parents knowing that their son did well. With highschool finished, he decided to return to Taiwan to begin his professional career. It was by this time that he became known as Nick Chou.

Influenced by artists like Jay Chou, Show Lo, and Will Pan. He wanted to rap and sing just like them. He began looking through several agencies to see which one was the perfect match. Rock Records was the largest agency in Taiwan which houses the legendary MC Hotdog, Japanese label Avex had a branch in Taiwan which is where Show Lo is signed, Him music housed idol groups like S.H.E and Fahrenheit and then there was Bin Music, an indie label for independent acts.

"So many choices to choose from. I should take my time with this. I'm bound to find a great agency." Chou stated with optimism.

"Just take your time my boy. I would look at the contracts before you sign. See which one is the most beneficial." His mother advised.

"I'm always grateful to you mom. Just watch you'll see your son's name all over Taipei!" Nick pumped his fist.

"That's my boy jaiyou!" She nodded.