"Now tell me. What is the real reason you finally decided to come to your appointment?"

* * *

The image of a familiar pair of earrings from the Tiffany 2019 collection lit up Jungkook's PC screen. Heiran knew she had seen Saerom's earrings somewhere before until she remembered browsing through the web for Minseo's birthday present and seeing the earrings there. She noted the specifications of the jewelry with a tinge of admiration and paused as she saw the price tag. A low whistle breathed past her lips. "That's quite an expensive reminder, Ms. Saerom." It was a pricey reminder indeed for someone who worked menial jobs to survive.

Exiting out of the tab, she minimized the window and was about to shut down the PC when she found a video from her phone downloaded and saved on the computer. She narrowed her eyes with a shake of her head. Someone's been up to work despite her orders to lay off of it for a few days and take a break. She vowed to give Jungkook a piece of her mind for downloading the video from her phone without her permission as she hit the play button.

The familiar view of Lee Reena's doctor's office filled the screen and Heiran set to work. She watched as the camera panned over the shelf of accolades and photographs. Nothing stood out to her particularly. She squinted at the faces in the photograph but the low lighting of the room made the footage a bit grainy to pick out any particular details. Taking a screenshot of the scene, she wrote down a note to research each individual in the photographs. As the scene shifted, the freshly arrived boxes sitting behind the desk caught her attention. She squinted at a circle logo with a flower silhouette imprinted on the packaging and barely made out the name Black Rose Pharmaceuticals. Whoever designed the logo must have had very poor eye-sight or they had never seen a rose before because the silhouette on the logo looked nothing like a rose. Tapping the diamond on her nose, Heiran promptly wrote it down as Jungkook walked inside carrying a bunch of correspondence.

"Chief Moon's invited me to his retirement party. I have to say, he really does have his priorities straight, inviting a guy on his sick leave to a party." He tossed the invitation on the desk with a scoff. Chief Moon Jaeyoon had been the Head of the Prosecutor's Office at Mokpo. He was a great Silent Wolf enthusiast. Heiran wasn't surprised about Jungkook's invitation as much as she was surprised about hers.

"Huh? Yeah, I got one too. He's retiring real fancy, isn't he? Did you read the honored guest list? Even the Mayor's coming." Heiran commented, eyes raking over the PC screen.

"I'm not going."

"You should, you know? Let yourself loose. Get some fresh air. Enjoy."

"Oh love, a party attended by the Mayor is hardly the place to let yourself loose."

It didn't matter that she tried to reign it in. Her knee jerked up at the darned word and thumped painfully against the underside of the desk. She cursed under her breath.

"You okay?" Jungkook asked, a note of curiosity to his tone. She quickly dismissed his concerns.

"Yeah, I'm fine! I just hit my leg on the desk."

"Right," he drawled with a significant look towards her knee. She avoided his gaze. "So what are you writing down?"

"Looking for possible leads. I need to find something big. I'm hoping this video might offer a clue." She explained, speed-running the video once again.

Jungkook casually took a seat on his bed, a reluctant look on his face. "There's no one right answer, Ran. It's a whole organization. They had years to build themselves up. We must throw every weapon we have at their roots and hope we hit the right one before they get to us. That's the only way we can bring them down."