Part 21

"P'Freen...." Becky scream when she saw something drops from above.

She instantly run towards Freen and look for her. She saw her lying on the floor and there is blood on her head. Becky's hand tremble with fear but she calm herself down to properly response to the situation.

She pick up her phone and dial the emergency hot line. She check her pulse while waiting for the call to connect. When she confirm that she still has pulse, she remove the debris that is around her. She did not move her body as she knows that it may cause harm than good because the injury is in the head.

"Move away. Do not touch her. I will call an ambulance." She said to guard her.

The call connected to the emergency hotline and she report what happen. They said that an ambulance will be there in a few minutes.

When she glanced back to Freen she saw Faye running towards her. She immediately stop her.

"Do not touch her."

"I am trained. We should bring her to hospital right away."

"I already called an ambulance."

"We can bring her a lot faster." Faye insisted and she check Freen's wound.

She runs back and made an improvised carrier out of wood and blanket. Then, expertly commanded the staff to help her transfer Freen to the back of the truck.

Becky saw it all and realize that Faye knows what she is doing.

"Are you coming?" Faye asked her when Freen is already in the car and she is still standing there.

"Y-yes." She said and went in to the truck. She held Freen's hand on their way to the hospital.

"Do not worry. She will be okay." Faye said to comfort her.

Becky look at Faye. She suddenly regret suspecting her. She seems genuine to her care for Freen.

Is this just an accident? Or someone is behind all of this?

***

"Something odd is happening." Faye said when they are in the waiting area and Freen is in the operating room.

Becky looked at her. She seems agitated.

"I do not want to scare you two but it feels like there is constant threat to either Freen or you. It feels like someone is behind all of this."

"Yes, I think so too." She agreed.

"You think so? But why did you drop the case? You should let the case rolling so we can catch the culprit."

"No. I drop it cause they keep on pinning Freen as suspect."

Faye looked at her confused.

"Freen will never hurt you. It is impossible."

"I know."

There is silence for a moment before Becky speak up her mind.

"I know Freen will not hurt me. But I do not know about you. Your history with Freen is something that I am suspicious about."

Faye immediately shake her head to deny what Becky said.

"I can not hurt Freen or anyone that makes Freen happy."

Becky looked at her in the eyes.

"I hope you are sincere because Freen still consider you as a friend and I will do everything in my power to destroy you the moment I confirm that you have something to do with all of this."

"You do not have to worry. Both of us wants nothing but Freen's happiness." She said confidently.

***

Freen wake up a little bit dizzy. She look around and realized that she is in the hospital and Becky is sleeping on her side. She remember that something hit her in the head that made her unconscious. She touch her head and she felt a bandage on it.

"Ouch!" She press it a little too hard that she hurt herself.

Becky immediately wake up when she feel that Freen moves.

"What happen?" She asked worried.

"Nothing. Sorry to disturb your sleep." Freen said apologetically.

"No worries. Do you need anything? Can you remember what happen to you?"

She shake her head.

"No. I'm good. I just remember that something hit my head and thats it." She said trying to sit down.

"Yeah. There was accident." Becky said as she assist Freen to position properly.

"Is there anyone hurt aside from me?"

"Yes. 3 of our staff had minor injuries. But they are all okay now."

"I see." She said and rested her head. She suddenly feel uneasy with just few movements.

"Rest easy. You do not have to force yourself." Becky said when she notice that Freen is uneasy.

Freen nod her head and lay down again. She close her eyes as she felt a searing pain in her head.

"Are you okay? Do I need to call the doctor?" Her voice sounded worried.

Freen tried her best to open her eyes to ease Becky's worry.

"Relax love. I'm okay. Do not panic." She said and gave her a smile even though she is hurting.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure. I think I just need to rest a bit." She said as she feel like the pain is starting to calm when her head is rested.

"Okay." Becky looked at her in her teary eyes.

She lean on and gently kiss Freen's head. Then to her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I promise I will not let this happen to you again."

"You don't have to say sorry. It is not your fault." Freen said and gently tap Becky's head. "Do not worry about it."

"I'm concern that someone is trying to hurt you. But you do not have to worry. I got you! I will do my best to protect you."

Someone is trying to hurt me?

Freen suddenly remember something.

***

Flashback...

Freen is posing for the camera. It was going smoothly. There was few more story board to finish for her when the photographer look confused as she is looking at the camera.

"Lights angle change please.." the photographer said as an instruction to the staff and then he approached Freen. "5 minutes break.. We just need to fix the lightings.."

"Okay. No worries." She said and she was about to step out when she heard noise from above. She look up and saw a figure of a person in the second floor.

Then, she just heard something clanks and saw that person run to the back stage. In split second something just hit her and she blacks out right away.

End of flashback.

***

"I think I saw someone. But I'm not certain if that is something to do with the incident." Freen whisper.

"Did you recognize who? Do you remember what they are wearing?"

"No, I don't recognize her. But she is wearing face mask and a black hoodie. She run really fast."

"Her?"

"Yes. I just assume that she is a girl as she has long hair. I saw some strand of her hair when she run."

"I see.."

"She is coming from the 2nd floor."

Becky nods as she plot a plan in her head to catch the culprit.

***