[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Afternoon In The Courtyard

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - A day idly spent with the lieutenant and general

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                          Yellow foliage dipped and swayed in a subtle, warm breeze of summertime. Sunlight shone upon the Xianzhou Luofu, illuminating both the general and his retainer in a warm orange color. They sat across from one another, holograms of checkers pieces placed neatly upon a checkers board. Both wore their hair in a high-ponytail, though the general's mop of gray hair rested over one of his eyes. It almost reminded you of a shag dog. Meanwhile, Yanqing's hair of gorgeous, shimmering-blond threads was separated in a neat middle-part. You adored that part in his hair; it was the perfect archway for adorning his forehead in all the kisses you wanted. There's absolutely nothing you adore more than pampering Yanqing, your fingers dancing gracefully over his soft skin.

Your jaws gapped as you yawned, stretching out your numb limbs from sitting for as long as you had. You flopped onto your back against the wooden floors, one arm laid over your torso while your opposite arm extended outwards lazily. Yanqing cast his muted-gold gaze onto you, a mischievous smirk lifting one corner of his lips. He nodded his head briefly to the general, afterwards crawling along the floorboards on his hands and knees. A weight rested upon your thigh, a pair of arms slithering around your legs. As you peered down, you gazed upon Yanqing, who had curled up with your legs. He had rested his chin upon your thigh, huffing audibly as he caught your gaze. "H—"

Before you could utter more than one syllable, Jing Yuan's obnoxiously loud yawn interrupted you. With eyes bulging and wide, you stared at the general, fighting the urge to burst out in hysteric laughter. It seems that feeling is contagious. Jing Yuan began chortling laughter, holding his sides as he did so. Shortly after this, Yanqing's adorable laughter filled your cochlea, leaving nothing but him racing in your thoughts. Whatever you were thinking about prior had escaped your grasp the moment you laid eyes upon Yanqing. His beauty was like that of a thousand suns, lined with hundreds of moons. The obscure scene creates all forms of botany beneath moon and sun rays. You gently nudged Yanqing's shoulder, offering him a place in your arms. Without hesitation, the swordsman ducked into your chest.

"Ah, how I miss being young.." whined Jing Yuan. If Fu Xuan were around, she'd have given him a lecture about how unsightly it is to witness a general complain about his daily life. However, Jing Yuan never listens. He has some youth to him after all.
Chuckling softly, you tussled Yanqing's ponytail in your hands with a playful grin. "You're not all that old, General!" You argued.
Jing Yuan snorted to himself, "I needed to have my hip readjusted because I jumped the wrong way once." He laughed explosively, his shoulders bouncing with each beat of laughter.
At that point, you couldn't help laughing yourself. Jing Yuan has a contagious laugh, and if that didn't work, his giant grin was guaranteed to. You swiftly sat yourself upright, with Yanqing quickly righting himself as well. The swordsman leaned on your shoulder, happily beginning to braid your hair on one side as he giggled to himself. "General, remember that time you put your back out trying to catch me?" Asked the boy, his tone playful, as though he was bringing up an embarrassing memory.

Jing Yuan's complexion flushed crimson as he ducked into his wrist, snickering under his breath. "Alright, that's enough making fun of your old man."
"Yeah, we should put you in a home already." You added, tone and expression smug.
This made Yanqing's expression drop, though the general found it hilarious. The man had rolled onto his side, wheezing like a finished kettle of tea as he did so. It was the most genuine laughter you'd ever heard. You shot Yanqing a competitive glance, smirking at him as you eyed him. He playfully shoved you, afterwards rushing to tackle his father— who let out an "omph—!" as the swordsman flopped on top of him.

You couldn't possibly imagine a happier weekend. This was precisely how you envision your future— the only future you want to envision, actually. Making haste, you quickly sought refuge in Jing Yuan's chest. Yanqing gave you a gentle, competitive shove, afterwards laying over his father's side, flat on the man's hip. Being absolutely hounded by the knights, Jing Yuan rolled onto his chest. You laid on his back, disgusted by the crunch it made.

"Woo~! Thanks, kids."
"Ew, Dad—! You're cracking like raw pasta."