[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Domination (1)

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - An unexpected encounter with Kafka escalates from a tame battle to an all-out blood bath

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

Your eardrums felt as though they'd rupture. The noise made your head spin, the sounds of gunshots reverberating against your skull. Heart pounding, you caged your partner, Yanqing, to your chest. Before you stood Kafka, her hair tied into a messy ponytail. She smiled tenderly at you, any light from the outdoors on the Xianzhou Luofu being blocked out by an invisible force. You couldn't fight at all. Your limbs were numb, you were beginning to feel your knees buckle with terror.

Get up, coward! Get up! Please, stay up—!

Your mind shrieked, eyes watering as the noises continued. Bullets began to pierce through your flesh, causing you to let out a high-frequency scream of agony. Yanqing writhed against you..

"Boom!"

Then, the strings appeared. You cried out in horror, reaching out for Yanqing. Kafka lurched forth, the explosive strings attached to her joints exploding near Yanqing's head. He forced his hands over his ears, eyes shut tightly against the horrible sounds. The fire threatened to burn his pristine skin, ash marks appearing upon his clothes. Smoke rose into the air with Kafka's satisfied giggles. The struggle truly amused her. The moment you attempted to grab Yanqing, wishing only to protect him, he swirled around on his heels, drawing one of his swords. He slashed your forearm with his blade, creating a gash wound upon your skin. "Kafka, please—!" You pleaded, teeth gritted as you charged at Yanqing. He leapt aside, evading your attack with ease. He slashed at your leg— your leg kicked the sword from his hand. Kafka watched with violent hellfire burning in her eyes. A twisted smirk on her lipstick-covered features, she observed with an expression that told you everything you needed to know. She wanted to paint with the specific red hues of your blood. Her pedestal would be decorated with your decapitated head, and that, would be her victory souvenir.

That was it.

Teeth bared with rage, Yanqing's zombie-like-behavior switched in an instant. His appendages cupped your shoulders in his hands, squeezing so hard that you thought his bones may break under the pressure. You refused to hurt him. Shrieking in anguish, you used your fingernails to claw his upper arms. His blades controlled by qi immediately stabbed your legs, causing your eyes to well over with tears that obscured your vision. As he peered down upon you, his neutral-blond-hair hanging over his shoulder, tears gushed from Yanqing's muted-gold-eyes. He was conscious, aware of his doing. However, thanks to Kafka, all he could do was obey her commands like some kind of parasite had infected him. Screaming several times, you reeled your head back, shrieking—

"KAFKA, PLEASE! OH MY GOD, IT HURTS—!"

The sound itself was like that of a train in the overpass. Blades beat against your skin, warm blood trickling down your legs. No matter how hard you kicked or how much you shrieked in agony, the pain wouldn't subside. Yanqing resumed restraining you as his swords sliced your flesh, though he was beginning to tremor with terror. His jaws gapped, tears sliding off of his complexion. Lips quivering, Yanqing's voice was only able to create a small wail before he was sent back into a whirling rage. A rush of adrenaline enabled you to kick his side, caging him to your body. Since you were located on the Synwood Pavilion, you dragged him towards the koi pond. You smacked into the foundation of the pond, hoisting yourself upon the stone bench. Yanqing thrashed at the air, his eyes wide without blinking. His eyebrows knitted with sorrow in spite of his actions.

Sobbing out apologies, you forced him backwards, submerging his head beneath the water. Your hands caged around his neck. Yanqing's hands clawed at your forearms, squeezing so tightly that bruises appeared immediately. Beneath the surface of the water, the blond swordsman shrieked with terror as the oxygen drained from his lungs. His eyes shot wide as his fingernails began to draw blood along your arms, his body slowly becoming weakened as his lungs screamed for air. Kafka— she watched it all with a smirk. Her theatre play had rolled out perfectly, keeping the audience on the edge of their seat, swimming in puddles of their own tears from raw emotion. The audience is you. The puppet is Yanqing. The mastermind is Kafka.

It'd been so long. You could see Yanqing beginning to tap out in your hands, his body inhaling water as you forcefully drowned him. Shaking with horror, you hauled him out of the water. He had passed out. As soon as you hauled him out, Kafka fled the scene without so much as a farewell. Yanqing's chin rested upon your shoulder, his hair soaked and glued to his complexion. Water seeped from the corners of his lips. As you tried to scream, your voice hitched in your throat. No matter what you did, you couldn't even squeak. Tears spewed from your eyes, spilling over your face as you slowly came to your senses. Your entire body felt as though it was engulfed in flames, your heartbeat pounding against your ribcage as though it would shatter your skeletal structure; you had just drowned your best friend. With your fingers upon his collarbone, you could feel his pulse. It was strong. Before you could take any further action, the boy's eyes shot open. They were bloodshot and bulging.

Hoisting himself somewhat upright to get onto his hands and knees, Yanqing's jaws gapped once more. His entire frame heaved as he began to projectile vomit cups worth of water. For each intermission between rounds, sounds of gurgling would follow his every attempt to breathe. You could see he had began tearing up once more. After one final heave, the last of the water he could force out of body had evacuated his system. Evidently woozy and terrified, the clammy swordsman was trembling violently. He collapsed onto his side. Shutting his eyes forcefully, he let out a heartbreaking screech. That was possibly the only sound he could make. As he began breathing rapidly, you hurried to hoist him upright. He began leaning into you, arms feebly coiling around you. Both were covered in blood and drenched with water.

Your ears rang as you caught sight of something— someone. With long, cascading hair of gray and amber eyes— it was the general. Jing Yuan tugged his son to his chest, cradling the boy's head. "Yanqing— are you okay?"
Yanqing could do nothing but shriek a watery sob, ducking into his father's clothes. As for you, you were slowly beginning to feel lightheaded. Once you caught the general's eye, you smiled feebly at him. "Hey, General."
"Fu Xuan is pursuing Kafka," he hoisted Yanqing into his arms. "Get on."
You hoisted yourself onto Jing Yuan's back, your arms hugging his neck loosely. The storm had passed— the nightmare was over. As light consumed your vision, you managed to speak three words to your rescuer.

"Thank you, General."