[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Flowers For My Sweetheart

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - While in Belobog, you are mulling over ideas for a souvenir to bring back to your boyfriend on the Luofu

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

The overwhelming scent of sweet, maroon ball peony filled your nostrils as you were handed a large bouquet of the fluffy, full flowers. Your lips lifted into a massive grin as you handed the appropriate amount of Shield to the shop owner. You had been told about a special tradition within Natasha's family— where her father gifted her mother ball peony every year for their anniversary. Since peony symbolize love that withstands, you figured it was a brilliant idea to gift your lover these gorgeous blooms. You took hold of the stems, which were swaddled in blue and white tissue paper. "May I please borrow a pen from you?" You requested.
The shop owner nodded her head, "Here you go, Darling," she smiled tenderly at you. "Are you giving this to your lover?"
"Yep!" Your head nodded eagerly as you accepted a red pen from her. Clicking the end, you slowly wrote For Yanqing. You decided to add adorable hearts around his name, even doodling a fuzzy bumblebee nearby the A in his name.
The shop owner began giggling, "That is adorable. I think I've met your partner before." She confessed, her hair of brown brushing against her shoulders as she crossed her arms.
"Really? That's so cool," you grinned toothily at her, bouquet stems cradled in both hands as you did so. "He's probably the prettiest customer you've ever seen."

"Haha, I love the way you talk about him," said she prior to shooing you with a flick of her wrist. "Go on, hurry! Don't keep him waiting!"
Giggling giddily, you waved a hand to her. "Thanks so much!" You shouted prior to rushing out of the front door.
You were instantly greeted with the scent of the flowers and the cold, spring air. Your eyes squinted against the wind, legs carrying you down the stairs of Belobog. Yes, you read that right. You convinced Pom-Pom to warp all the way back to the frozen planet, all to get the perfect flowers for Yanqing. Now, en route back to the Astral Express, you found yourself feeling a rush of pride at the thought of Yanqing. What expression would be on his face when he sees the brilliantly colored flowers? Hopefully a happy one, that is all you wanted to see.

And just like that, you're falling in love all over again.

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈╮
         ❝ At Xianzhou ❞
╰┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

You fumbled up the stairs leading to the palace, waving a hand to Tingyun on the way. The brunette-haired lady waved a hand back to you, her fox ears perking as she noticed the newly blossomed flowers. Her gaze quickly shifted to all-knowing, her eyebrows bouncing. Laughing over the wind, you burst into the palace through the front doors. "Oooh, Lover's-Dad!" You yelled.
"That's disrespectful, Trailbl—"
"Haha, look who it is~!" Hollered a gray-haired general as he rushed towards you, tugging you into his embrace.
You'd begun calling him 'Lover's-Dad' since you got with Yanqing, since the boy views him as a father figure. The nickname stuck quite quickly with both you and Jing Yuan. Laughing audibly, you squeezed the muscular man in your arms. As your laughter died down, you leaned forwards. "I have a gift for your son." You confessed in a low whisper in case Yanqing was around.

The general grinned at you, "I see that. Peonies, how sweet. Go on, go find him." He crossed his arms, expression soft.
You beamed at him, waving goodbye prior to rushing towards the right corner of the room. A blond-haired boy stood before holograms that mapped out the safe zones within Xianzhou, his arms crossed as though he was deep in thought. You couldn't help laughing; he's just like his father. With the bouquet in hand, you snatched Yanqing's hand. In pure shock, he staggered aside, turning his body to face you. His ponytail swung about dramatically in the wind from his turn, his eyes wide prior to recognizing you. "Ah, Reader!" He happily tackled you into a hug.
You lifted the flowers over your head before the hug could begin, afterwards wrapping your arms around him. "Hello, babe!"
"Ba-hey-beee~!" Squealed Yanqing as you twirled him and yourself about in a swift spin, holding him close to yourself in an affectionate hug.

"Okay, wait," you stepped away from him. "Here." Presenting the flowers to him looked ethereal. His face lit up with red colors, expression lifting as his eyes twinkled as petals of maroon soared towards his face before elegantly dancing to the ground as gravity beckoned them. As his eyelids drew back, thousands of shimmering stars appeared in his beautiful, rounded eyes. Once his smile appeared, he grasped the stems in both hands. He sniffed the petals of the peony, afterwards reading the penmanship of yours. "Reader," he trailed off, apparently truly touched. "I love you so much! Thank you." His expression was gentle and kind as he took your hand in his.
You happily leaned forwards, your digits curling into his in a tender manner as you pressed your lips against his. Both closed their eyes to accept the heartwarming kiss.

Once you pulled away from him, you began beaming uncontrollably. "Peonies are said to symbolize withstanding love."
"I see why you chose them," Yanqing shot back with a playful smile. "They're beautiful."
You got an idea, "Yanqing, Babe, Darling— when is our anniversary?" You questioned, your hand remaining locked in his.
"I think four more days."
"Let's call this part of the anniversary gift. I'll give you peonies every year, okay?"
"Then what should I give you?"
"Please give me your genuine laughter. That's all I want."
"I have to do more, idiot."
"Pfft- don't call me that. Dork."
"You stop that—"
"You first."

Your hands found their way onto Yanqing's shoulders, where you happily placed your forehead against his with a small chuckle following. Gradually, both you and he began laughing. In one another's presence, there was nothing more valuable than moments like these.

To Yanqing, the sweetest, prettiest, most talented swordsman to ever walk this planet—
Peonies; love, beauty, romance, honor.