[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Makeup For A Date

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - You're booked for a date with Yanqing, but he doesn't know how he should prepare to meet you

                            - You're booked for a date with Yanqing, but he doesn't know how he should prepare to meet you. He seeks Jing Yuan's help as a last resort.
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

"Uhm, General— Dad.. Help, please."

General Jing Yuan's head turned to peer over his shoulder, eyeing his son. "What is it, Darling?" Asked he as he turned his figure around.
The neutral blond slowly inched closer to his father, "I don't know what to do. I'm, uh, going on a date with Reader." He fiddled with his fingertips awkwardly, his cheeks flushing red.
"What," the general's face lit up. "Haha! How long do you have, Sweetheart?" He questioned.
"About an hour." Confessed Yanqing.
Jing Yuan accepted Yanqing's hands in his, grinning at the boy. "Do you want me to do your makeup?"
Cheekbones lifting as he beamed, Yanqing nodded his head eagerly. "Please! Thank you, Dad!"

Guiding his child into the backroom of the palace, Jing Yuan allowed his son to take a seat in the room. Much to Yanqing's surprise, his father already had makeup at the ready. "So, where are you two going?" Teased Jing Yuan as he selected a variety of supplies.
"To the Synwood Pavilion," Yanqing replied, patiently observing the general. His palms were sweaty with anxiety. "Sh-should I just wear my uniform?"
Jing Yuan's expression dropped, "Aeons forbid!" He dipped what appeared to be an ink brush inside of red powder, the water along the brush absorbing the coloration of the makeup. "Stay still."
Frozen in place, Yanqing's eyes of muted gold watched his father closely. "I mean, what else do I have?"
"Son, you're the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. But the knights uniform? I don't recommend treating this like a meeting. It's a date, just relax." The gray-haired man slid the brush's tip along Yanqing's under eye, recreating his own eyeliner.

Yanqing fidgeted a tad while Jing Yuan was preoccupied with reacquainting the brush to the red powder. He couldn't help feeling nervous, what if he made a fool of himself? He'd never recover as the general's retainer. What if he wasn't pretty enough? The fear consumed him, creating a hole in his gut that made him wish he could abandon the date all together. Sensing the nerves in Yanqing's aura, Jing Yuan's lips parted as he began humming a gorgeous melody.
"We'll have you, washed and dried, primped and polished till you glow with pride~" sang the general, his amber hues fixated on his son. In a heavenly voice, the man resumed singing idly as he worked.
As anticipated, Yanqing's nerves subsided. He couldn't help but smile at his father's musical performance. The grin on Jing Yuan's expression told Yanqing everything. The man looked upon his son with a tenderness that was nearly impossible to come by. Pride lifted the general's facial features in a rare way, forming a cheesy grin on his face.

"Pucker up, Lover Boy." Commanded the general.
Yanqing's lips puckered, summoning laughter from Jing Yuan as he slid the brush along the smooth, soft lips of his son. "Ahaha, you look damn adorable. Ugh— I made the makeup too much like your father."
Recalling his black-haired-father's eyeliner, Yanqing began smiling uncontrollably. Heart racing, the boy awkwardly adjusting his high-ponytail. Jing Yuan's gentle thumb smoothed and sharpened Yanqing's red eyeliner, creating a satisfied look on the general's face. Yanqing began smiling at his father, enjoying the feeling of the process of applying light, liquid blush along his cheekbones. "Keep smiling." Jing Yuan commanded.
Yanqing held his smile. His father began chortling a laugh as he blended the pink tones into Yanqing's face, "You look like you're on the porcelain throne."
Yanqing began laughing hysterically, afterwards shaking his head. "Should I do something about my hair?"
"Oh, Darling, you look perfect," Jing Yuan reassured his son, patting the boy on his head. "Hehe, they'll never see this coming. I can get you clothes similar to yours?"

Mind made up, Yanqing shook his head. "These are fine. They're used to seeing me wear these, I think they'll like it." He confessed.
"Aww, there's your confidence~!" Jing Yuan pinched Yanqing's cheek, smooching his son on the tip of his nose. "I went to the store today and purchased a jade necklace. Wear it with pride, hopefully it will bring you good luck."
Yanqing's hues lit up as he leaned forwards, happily allowing the general to place the necklace over his head. "Thank you, Gener— Dad!" He chirped, afterwards throwing himself at his father.
In a tight embrace, the family members accepted a moment of silence. Cupping Yanqing's face in his hands, Jing Yuan eyed his son. Tears pricked the man's eyes dramatically. "Oh, my dear, you look so perfect..!" He pat Yanqing's shoulder.
Laughing, Yanqing took his father's wrists in his hands. "I love you, Dad. I'll be back by nine o'clock, okay?"
"You better be," teased Jing Yuan. "Hurry! Don't be late!"

Rushing out of the room, Yanqing waved farewell to his father, then Yukong on his way out of the palace. He couldn't calm his nerves as he made his way to the Starskiff docks. Hopefully, he could impress you with his beauty.

Impress you, he did. Your jaw dropped the moment you laid eyes upon him, your complexion flushing intense red. That night went beautifully, ending with your skin covered in red lip-prints— just the way it should be.