[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Surprise Party!

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - Yanqing is struggling to decide what gift to get you for your birthday

                            - Yanqing is struggling to decide what gift to get you for your birthday. Luckily for him, he happens to choose the best one.
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

A great way to celebrate a birthday with a lover...

Yanqing, greatest swordsman of the Xianzhou Luofu, is stumped. The neutral-blond leaned against the red banister of the Synwood Pavilion, a heavy sigh coming from him as he pondered a serious matter. He folded his arms, shutting his eyes as he began to envision various things..

He wanted to surprise you for your birthday, but he had absolutely no clue what to get you. To him, a sword is the universe's greatest gift. However, to you, maybe not so much?
With a frustrated huff, Yanqing lowered his face into his forearms. If he couldn't find a gift for you that day, he'd miss your birthday completely. He'd been mulling over his options all week prior to your special day, and yet he had absolutely nothing in mind. Of course he'd get you flowers, a fancy dinner, and a stroll in the garden— but he wanted more for you. You deserved more. Upon lifting his head, Yanqing's gaze caught onto a fluffy, drifting cloud..

A cloud?

His head perked, eyes widening as he realized precisely what he'd get you. The swordsman fumbled over his own feet as he rushed out of the pavilion, clearing the stairs with barely any effort. He hurtled down to the Exalting Sanctum, eyes scanning the various shops. First, he'd purchase your flowers!
He weaved his way between several Foxian, afterwards bursting into the flower shop. "Good evening!" Said he, a broad grin on his features.
"Woah— someone's excited. Good evening, Love." The shop owner waved a hand at Yanqing. His hair was lovely, long, and absolutely stunning. It was pitch black, with his eyes of piercing amber.
Yanqing eyed the bouquets, "I have a question for you, Teacher." He eagerly approached a bouquet of hyacinth.
"What's on your mind?" Replied the owner as he idly tended to some of the flowers.
"What do hyacinth symbolize?" Questioned the swordsman.
"Jealousy, forgiveness, joy, and sincerity," the owner laughed. "Who is this gift for?" He asked, now leaning upon the front counter.

Yanqing instantly grew bashful, his cheeks reddening. "Someone really special to me," he scratched the back of his neck. "They're funny, kind, understanding, and—"
"That's enough," said the flower-store-owner. "You love this person?"
"Yes! It's their birthday, and I wanted to make them a pretty bouquet to tell them just how much I love them."
"That's adorable. Alright! May I suggest mums? They're beautiful and unique."