Obi-Wan woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily, his chest tight and heavy as he struggled to calm down. It took him a while to remember where he was. Talia's house. The panic faded from his mind as he focused on his breathing, clearing his mind the way he usually did before meditation. He kept still, focusing on the Force as he felt it flow within him like water, soothing him in the same way Talia's presence did, a balm for his wounded heart. She felt so familiar, almost like he'd met her before, but he was certain he'd remember if he had. She wasn't the sort of person who would be easy to forget.

"Oh, I was expecting Talia." He had hoped her presence would bring some relief to his troubled mind, as the shadows of the Dark Side continued to encroach upon his thoughts. But, instead, he found Zoe in the kitchen.

"Something wrong with me, Kenobi?" Zoe pouted mockingly, taking a swig of her hot chocolate. Obi-Wan tried to hide his unease, mustering a faint smile.

"No, I just...Theo told me she doesn't sleep. I am concerned about her. All of you, actually, are you okay?" He turned to look at her, his frown deepening. All of them had been through a lot, after all, and none could sleep properly.

Zoe shrugged. "We will be once it's over."

There was an awkward pause, as Obi-Wan set about making his tea and Zoe continued to drink her hot chocolate. Silence settled between them, tinged with a hint of tension.

"Your earpieces should be finished tomorrow. Theo's been working overtime." Zoe awkwardly patted him on the arm in an attempt to lighten the mood. Obi-Wan managed a half-hearted smile in return.

"Thanks."

Another silence enveloped them. Obi-Wan sat down at the table with a sigh, taking a sip from his mug of tea, aware of Zoe watching him, analysing him.

"You smell of alcohol."

"I'm well aware."

"Drinking with Talia again?" Zoe smirked at him in a way that made him feel nervous. As if she knew something he didn't. Uneasiness settled like a heavy stone in the pit of his stomach.

"Is that a rhetorical question?" he deflected, trying to maintain his composure.

"I mean, it's quite obvious. She can be charming sometimes."

"Yes, she can." Obi-Wan said softly, in all seriousness, sipping his tea. Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, her smirk only growing. 

"You like her, don't you?" Zoe's words hung in the air, a direct challenge.

Obi-Wan looked down at his tea, avoiding her gaze. "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Kenobi."

He was painfully aware of that feeling of anxiety gnawing away at him. He wasn't sure why, but he didn't like it.

There was no fooling her about this. But Obi-Wan tried anyway.

"No, I don't."

"You're blushing."

"You're blind."

"You're in denial."

"No, I'm not," he insisted with a sigh, taking a larger swig of his tea to ease the headache that had started in his temples. "It's getting late." 

Obi-Wan silently wished that the dimmed kitchen lights would conceal the tell tale redness of his face. He yearned for a distraction, someone or something to divert the conversation that had taken an uncomfortable turn.