Chapter Two

"How many times have I told you, Anakin? No running in the corridors." Obi-Wan sighed heavily, running a weary hand through his short hair. 

He was standing in front of his two irritating protégés (one of them less so) and an old vase from centuries ago, that was now broken. Viola was trying to look innocent, while Anakin didn't care at all.

"It was Viola."

"Hey! It was your idea!" she protested, dropping the innocent act in an instant.

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"It's too early for this." Obi-Wan muttered under his breath, turning away from them to continue on his way down the corridor.

"Oh, don't be like that, master!" Anakin slung an arm over his shoulder with a crooked grin, Viola popping up on his other side. "It's a wonderful day, the sun is shining, there's so much to smile about!"

"You know, you'll never be masters if you keep behaving like children."

"Yes, I will, I'm the Chosen One! I don't know about Viola though..."

"I don't have time for this." Obi-Wan shrugged off Anakin's arm and headed off to find Yoda. So far, it had not been a great morning for him. As usual, he would have to explain the broken vase and he was fairly certain it was Grandmaster Yoda's favourite. 

He'd been hoping for some peace for once, especially after taking Geonosis for the second time. This time round, instead of being tied up in an arena, there were weird worms taking control of people's minds. So uncivilised.

Apparently peace was too much to ask.

The corridors were quiet that morning, thankfully. Most of the Jedi were still in the cafeteria, eating breakfast and Obi-Wan's mind drifted to Satine. She'd died a few weeks before, at Darth Maul's hands, right in front of his eyes, suffering the same fate as his master Qui-Gon Jinn. He wished he'd told her he loved her too, before she died.

He quickly collected himself before his emotions overwhelmed him. But, if anyone looked closely, tears pricked his eyes as he continued on down the corridor. 

He came to a stop outside the door to Yoda's chambers, and knocked quietly.

"Come in, you can."

Obi-Wan pushed open the door and stepped through. Yoda's chambers were humble and modest, but large. He had a desk covered in scrolls beside a small simple, cosy-looking bed. He also had bookshelves. A lot of bookshelves. The Force was especially present here, he could feel it within him. But Obi-Wan's eyes were drawn to the small green creature sitting in front of the large window, meditating in a pool of golden sunlight.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, opening his mouth.

"My vase, Anakin broke, hm?" Yoda spoke before Obi-Wan could say anything. He didn't turn around to face him, simply kept on meditating.

"Yes, master."

"Hmmm."

Well, this was a surprise.

"You're not upset?"

There was a pause.

"Troubled you are," Yoda mused. "Sit. Meditate. Focus, you must."

"I don't want to forget her." Obi-Wan replied, sitting down beside his old friend with a sigh. Yoda knew about Satine. There was no hiding it from him. Yoda had told him they were terrible at hiding it, like with Anakin and Padmé.