Chapter 14

"Good, you're awake," I said, after I had shifted back to myself.

"Did you throw a party while I was out?" Electra scratched her head of untamed blonde hair.

"Why would I throw a party?" I raised my eyebrow at her. "I'd rather sit in quiet. Besides I can't stand the crappy pop music everyone insists on playing."

"I know," she said, half laughing, "I've been through your playlists."

"That is a serious violation of privacy," I huffed.

"Considering you have a record player and Queen records under your bed," she said with a questioning tone, "It was pretty easy to guess."

"Why were you looking under my bed exactly?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"I was cleaning up trash and you hide wrappers under your bed," She walked to the bathroom and began brushing her teeth.

I rolled my eyes and got dressed in some jeans and old band t-shirt. I put The Fault in Our Stars back on the bookshelf and made my bed. There were wrappers under my bed from old granola bars and the odd Twix or two. Cracking the window to let some fresh air in, I found a single drop of water. I shrugged and walked away, grabbing my converse and put on my shoes.

I brushed out my long brown hair thinking, I need a haircut. This is too long.

"Hey, don't let Emma's idiotic remarks get to you," Electra had gotten dressed and brushed her hair. "Besides she's just too self conceived to consider anyone's feelings."

"You have a fair point," I laughed.

We walked to the cafeteria and sat down. I had a muffin with blueberries and Electra had, well I'm not sure what she was eating, to be honest. About fifteen minutes after we sat down, a girl and a boy joined us. They looked around sixteen or fifteen. The girl had dark, but caring green eyes and fiery red hair with freckles speckling her nose and cheeks. The boy had dark auburn hair and piercing green eyes.

Electra turned to me and whispered, "Do you know them?" I shook my head. "Then who are they?"

I was about to answer when River sat next to me and I tensed up a bit. He waved to the boy and girl then introduced them. "This is Rylee and her twin, Blake."

"I'm sorry if we're disturbing you guys," Rylee said softly.

"No, not at all," I sweetly smiled, but Electra just kind of stared at them. I elbowed her in the arm.

"Ow," She tensed a bit. "What was that for Faun?"

"It's rude to stare," River scolded his sister.

"What are your names?" Blake said in a voice a bit deeper than I thought he'd have.

"I'm Electra and this is my roommate/best friend, Fauna," Electra introduced us both.

"Pleased to meet you," Rylee smiled and Blake side smiled.

"Electra is my twin sister," River informed them.

"What are your abilities?" Blake asked, taking a bite of his oatmeal.

"Blake," Rylee sighed, "Don't be rude."

"No it's fine," I smiled, "I can morph into any animal or human. My last name is actually shapeshifter in French."

"I can control storms and River has control over water," Electra beamed.

We walked to our first class and I was surprised that Blake was in our science class. He sat in the front and pulled out a small black case. He put on glasses and didn't look too bad in them. Mr. Darvill began our unit on chemistry and it was about time. I was getting bored with meteorology.

"So, what are the three types of metal on the periodic table?" Mr. Darvill leaned on his desk, looking into the class for someone to answer his question.

I reluctantly raised my hand and he pointed to me. I answered, "Alkaline metals, alkali earth metals and transition metals."

"Excellent, Fauna!" He clapped. "Do you like chemistry?" I simply nodded.

When the bell rang and I parted ways with Electra, Blake walked with me to math.

"So, why haven't I seen you around?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Oh," He said quietly. "I prefer to stay in the shadows and my sister is the same way, but she's easier to spot."

"I suppose," I shrugged and and walked into class. Blake sat next to me in the back.

"What's your favorite subject?" He whispered.

"Chemistry," I smile. "You?"

"Same," He shyly smiled and class went on boring as usual, but I was glad I had a friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I'm back and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter cause I feel that its my best one. Okay so I've got a few questions for you and I'm gonna start listing them each time I write. So here they are:

1. What are your opinions on Rylee and Blake?

2. What should Blake's powers be? I already have something in mind for Rylee

3. Do you prefer Bookmistress's version or my version of Fauna better?

4. What couples/ships do you like?

Okay those were my questions. Please answer them in the comments and remember we have a kik group chat for the book. I can't remember it but you can also message me, Hannlzy and TheBookMistress . She'll probably be able to tell you the chat cause I forgot it. But ya, we'd love to talk to you. Bye!

-Hannlzy {^-^}