Chapter 4

After a mini party with my friends, which was blasting music and dancing like weirdos, I finally went to bed.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

I shot up straight, Tuesday morning. I returned off the alarm and did my morning routines. When I woke up Electra she got dressed, and I headed down to the cafeteria.

I thought today was going to be another boring day, until gym.

"Alright class!" The female teacher announced, directing the attention of the class. "today the boys are joining us." Ugh! "We will be practicing our powers."

The boys walked onto the field pushing each other and laughing. The couch shouted at some of them when they finally filled in next to us.

"As I was saying, we will be practicing our powers today. I understand some of you can already control your powers. Fauna can you demonstrate, please." She looked at me. Why me?

I took a step forward and shifted into a wolf. I sat down and saw some of the kids step back. Electra smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Can you shift into an Eagle?" The teacher asked. I shifted onto a golden eagle. I was flying above the class and I felt so free, I wanted to fly away. "Alright thank you."

She gestured my to land. I did so and shifted back into a human. I stood up and stood next to Electra. She smiled and I smiled back. "Alright! You will need to partner with the opposite sex and practice. At the end of the week the people who showed most strength in their powers will be sent out to gather some details in the non-gifted world."

I quickly turned to Electra, and realized we were against each other. I raised my hand, "Yes, Fauna."

"When the winners win, can we add a person to come along with us?" I asked.

"No, I'm sorry." She smiled and counted the students. "there seems to be one less of the guys, so their will be one group of three."

I quickly grabbed Electras arm, "can we be in the group of the three?" We asked together.

"Where's your third person?" She asked.

"Some guy." I said innocently. The kids laughed as an arm wrapped around my shoulders. "I'll do it." Said River.

"You have the same gym period as us?" I asked surprised.

"Yep."

"How did we not know?" Electra asked.

"Never brought it up in a casual conversation dearest sister." He said sarcastically.

"That and the fact they separated the girls and guys."

Once everyone grouped up we had to do the first we had to practice. It was mostly controlling our powers during a fight. We went up to a find and separated the group's. We ended up at the end. The teachers gave us specific rules as to not hurt or injure more than just small bruises and scratches. My instructor looked directly at me when River's teacher added a biting rule. I had a rare form of morphing. I could shift into any living thing, other morphers or shifters could only change into a specific animal or just people.

She blew the whitle. Almost immediately Elctra shocked her brothers putting him aside. So it was me and her. She tried shooting lighting at me, but I quickly tumbled out of the way. I shifted to a wolf and charged at her. Pouncing on her, she shocked me, and we both won, but lost at the same time.

"NOW YOU WILL FIGHT AGAINST ANOTHER GROUP, WHO EVER LOSES IS DISQUALIFIED!" Shouted the male teacher.

We got put against some strong people, one was healing and another was fire.

We ended up winning, now there was two times less than before, closer to freedom!