Chapter 12

River, River, River!

I woke up, cold sweat dripping down my face. Panting I ran the dream back through my mind. We were falling, Electra dropped us, and we fell into an abyss of darkness

"Electra..." I whispered, shaking my friend.

"Go away, River," she moaned.

"Sparky, it's me, Fauna." I shook her again.

"I don't want to hear about the nightmares..." She rolled over and drooled on her pillow. I shook her again, but she pushed my ribs and I fell back onto my bed.

"Get up!" I threw my pillow at her. She rolled off the bed and yelled some interesting choice words after she hit the floor.

"What?" Electra moaned.

"You hit me in the ribs..." I said, clutching my torso.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Faun!" She came over and made sure the bandages were okay. "I'll get you some ice!" She goes to the cooler and gives me an ice pack.

"Thank you," I placed the ice onto my rib cage. "You're a lot stronger than you look or I'm really weak right now..."

"Yeah...sorry about that. I thought you were River..." She apologizes about thirty more times.

"Sorry to wake you..." I winced at the cold, taking a deep breath.

"No, it's fine," Electra says as she sits on her bed. "What did you need?"

"Nightmare," I sighed. "I had a nightmare..."

"What about?" Her fierce eyes pierce my green ones.

"You dropped us off a cliff," I pause to see her reaction. "River and I fell into an abyss of darkness. His hand slipped from yours..."

I took the ice off my rib cage and handed it to Electra. She placed it back into the cooler.

"River was holding me, but he passed out. I couldn't wake him..." A tear begins to form.

"Don't worry Fauna," she said, placing her arm around me, "I would never drop you. It was only a dream."

I nod telling her, "We should go back to sleep."

She nods and gets into her bed, turning the lamp off. I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.

"Stay with me Fauna..." I hear River's voice. "Stay with me, I can't lose you too. You don't have to fall alone..."

I opened my eyes, but River wasn't there and I was no longer falling. No air and I tried to breathe.

'River!' I mouthed, but there was no sound.

"I can hear you..." The voice came from a man shrouded in darkness. "You scream for water, but where is he? Poor Fauna..." He laughs softly, but wickedly.

"I can help you, Faun," he reaches towards me, but I try to move away.

"You reject my help?" He questions, looking offended. "How will you find your River? Without me, he'll dry up and nothing will be left of River. You care for this boy, don't you? You try and deny it because you worry his sister won't approve."

I try to yell out, but he disappears.

This time, the alarm woke me up. Which was good. At least now I don't need a shower. I do my usual routine, as best to my ability because I do have a broken leg. Brushing my teeth and hair were pretty easy. I threw on a t-shirt and jeans. Now came the time to wake up Electra.

I poked her with my crutch. She groaned. I whacked her. This led to her rolling off the bed again.

"I'm up!" She jolted up and almost tripped.

"Get ready or we're gonna be late."

"Fine..."

My eyes open abruptly. Amy is looking over me.

"What?" I think out loud. "How is this even possible..." I lose my train of thought.

"How do you feel Fauna?" Amy asks sweetly. I try to get up, but she stops me. "Don't get up. You're not healed entirely."

"Was I out long?" I rub my head.

"Two days, but most are out for a week or so," she says.

"C-can I have some water?" I croak.

"Sure," Amy gets a cup of water and hands it to me. I take a sip.

"I can only speed up healing processes, unfortunately." She got herself some water. "You took a lot of damage, but definitely no more broken ribs."

"How long till I'm ready?" I ask, drinking some more water.

"A day or two." Amy sits down. "I recommend a lot of sleep and mangos."

"Why mangos?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I don't know. They just seem to help the most." She shrugs. "Drink plenty of water too."

"Amy," she looks at me. "Is it normal to see a man cloaked in shadows?"

"No," she shakes her head, "but most people have realistically vivid dreams."

"Can I call my teachers?" I ask for the phone.

"I thought Electra put the work next to you..." Amy questions.

"Oh..." I grab my copy of Romeo and Juliet. I indulge in the words of my book and get lost in the pages.

About a half an hour later I realized I read five chapters ahead of the class.

I put the book down and work on all of my other classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, my friends! It's been a while... I'm so sorry! I've had awful writers block and track practice so I've been super busy. I have to build a CO2 car and state testing, its too much! But on a nicer note, what did y'all think? I wrote it in school in my fabulous cursive writing that looks like scribbles sometimes. Anyways, let me know what you thought! Sorry it's so late, but hey you get 2 chapters pretty close!
P. S. The italics in the first half, that's all a dream!

-Hannlzy {•~•}