Chapter 5

There were 8 teams remaining, including us.

I was so nervous. I mean this was the chance of a lifetime. The outside world where everyone earned their strength, speed, flexibility, intelligence and no super powered food fights. It sounded too good to be true.

"Hey Fauna, so if only eight teams remain and we win will you or Electra be the one joining me in the 'real' world?" asked River, putting air marks as he said real.

"The winning team goes to the outside, River. Not a pair, so all three of us are going plus the other 12 kids who won in their period. They wouldn't send just two students. That is way to dangerous." I countered him.

"Well then Ms. Grumpy-pants, I'm gonna talk to my sister. We will handle the next team. Then it's you and me in the semi-finals, Faun," said River, winking at me. That guy is so damn annoying.

Electra and River easily defeated the next team. It was Emma and Daniel (super speed). Daniel may be fast, but Electra's storms are faster and Emma didn't stand a chance against River. It was so humiliating for them. I laughed so hard I became a hyena. Sometimes I can't control it, okay. I wondered how they won against anyone.

River and I would have to wait till tomorrow for the finals because the bell rang. Electra and I got back to the dorm surprisingly quick and we were so excited that we would go into the outer world. I got started on my creative writing assignment for English class. It wasn't due for a month, but I needed to get it out of the way because of the science report due next week on electrical storms. I was channeling my inner Hermione at this point. Going above and beyond to get the best grades in class. Electra asked if I was coming down for dinner, and I said, "I've got microwave meals and a few Pepsi cans in my fridge. I can just pull something outta there."

"Okay, see ya later, Faun," and with that, she left the room. Within an hour I had completed the creative writing. It was about a normal person and his daily struggles in life, wishing he was something extraordinary. Half an hour later, my science was done, and my other two teachers didn't assign homework.

I went over to my bookshelf and grabbed, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was my favorite book in the series. I didn't even notice when Electra walked in the room. I'm a bookworm and not afraid to admit it.

"So, Faun, what do you think about my brother?" Electra just asked me out of the blue.

"He is an obnoxious, stupid, pranking, idiot of Lala Land, so basically like any other guy." I replied to my friend's bizarre question.

"Good because a lot of girls were swooning over him at dinner for some reason and I needed to know if he changed," Electra sighed in relief.

"Are we still talking about the torn in my side for the past fourteen years and yours for sixteen? River isn't that attractive. His eyes are nice but the rest of him not so much."

"Thank goodness you haven't gone crazy." I laughed. I was not perfectly sane, but at least I wasn't without a brain.